OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello,

Well it's been some time since I updated my wii but I decided to do it yesterday as I wanted to play games from disc channel instead of going all the way to hbc and load of gamma loader. If I remember I was running HBC+DVDX and CioS Rev 7 to play my backups via Wii Backuploader gamma002 fix or something like that. So I followed this tut:

http://softmii.org/section-blog/43-wiiguid...-softmod40.html

I d/ld the pack, d/ld the updated hbc, I first copied the update to my sd card, changed it to BOOT.ELF and booted that, installed the new hbc, installed the dvd x and the bootmii ios, like it said.

I was following the instructions fine all the way too:

QUOTE said:
7. Copy the contents of the Softmii 3 package to the root of your SD card. Your wii will boot into bootmii with the card in the wii, after completing the mod, please delete the bootmii folder. If you need to use the real bootmii, restore the backup of it you made earlier.

Didn't really understand that, I just copied the contents of the softmii package I d/ld over to sd card and overwrite. put the sd card back to wii but it didn't boot into bootmii as it says or any mod whatsoever. So I decided to continue with Step 8:

QUOTE said:
NETWORK INSTALL USERS ONLY, OFFLINE CONTINUES BELOW

8. Run HBC and select DVDx_fw3.4_comex. Run the first two choices in order. Don't install DVDX (you already installed it, it will always give you an error). Note you must uninstall any illegally obtained vc/wiiware and run shared2clean or this will not work.

First I deleted my wads via wad manager and then ran shared2clean as said, then I ran DVDx and did the first choice but that failed cause my network download stopped or something, I tried again but it doesn't let me do it saying that I've already hit this option or something. So I decided to do the non network user.

I ran bootmii which brout onto wad manager and I got to this step:

QUOTE said:
11. Press A, Select Wii SD Slot, then Highlight IOS16 and Press the A key on your wiimote. Press Right to Select Uninstall and then Press A.

But it said error probably cause I don't remember installing it, so I just installed it like it said I thought there be no problems.

Then it ask me to do this:

QUOTE13. Goto HBC and run custom wad manager. Now select ciosfix.wad and install. LU64 users also install lu64fix.wad. Reboot Your Wii.

But when I try to install ciosfix.wad it says error aswell. So that's where I officially got lost and gave up.

Then I saw a comment saying:

you can make sure u install preloader then install cioscorps then ull get a brick can not read system menus look at owners manual (orsomething like that) then reinstall preloader ..installing preloader ontop of cioscorps will unbrick ur wii and allow u to use disk channel loading.. make sure u install ios 60 in ur wads befor u install preloader or u will get a brick .if u get a brick installing preloader just access hbc and in stall a system menu wad and that will unbriuck ur wii also

So I followed that but it fucked up my wii saying check my manual or something but i realised I still could get into preloader I changed the ios to 60 and i changed the settings to make it boot to system menu, now I'm back on system menu and I wanted to test if it load from the disc channel, but now it shows a pop up saying I have to update the wii to use this feature,

What do I do and where have I gone wrong!??

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
quick fix, enable skip update hack in preloader it probably wants to update because of old IOS versions.

long term...get that shit off your wii man

everything in softmii is available with more info on its own.

3dluis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did that , Now it says "Hacks for your system menu v345 (or v354 i'm not sure ) were found No" and then it cuts off the right side of the screen so I can't read any more then it just goes back to the preloader menu, what should I do?1

kLiNiKaL

Dr. Greenthumb
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jamaica
upgrade with Waninkoko 4.0 tool its around here somewhere..i'm in work or i'd help you more dude

no one else seems to be willing

you could just do a normal nintendo 4.0 update and start semi fresh

3dluis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so i can just update and it'll be good!?
biggrin.gif

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure how updating deals with CIOSCORP. What firmware are you on now? I would first run IOS downgrader to get rid of CIOSCORP then run the updater/patch IOS60 install or reinstall preloader 0.29 then don't even bother with CIOSCORP and just get a wad of a channel of a backup launcher like neogamma R4 or R5 and enable the "move disc channel" hack in preloader and just replace the disc channel with the neogamma channel.

That would make installing CIOSCORP not do anything at all in terms of ease of loading anything since you wouldn't even have to click on a different spot to load your games. But if you REALLY want to alter all of your IOS's to get a pretty picture in the box then you could reinstall it at that point.

3dluis

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I bricked my wii, I followed this guide:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/777675

from upgrading, got to the install cioscorp bit, forgot to do that and in stalled the ios60 by accident so I uninstalled it after I installed it via wadmanger, reseted my wii by pressing home so I can do the step I missed and then it froze, I switched it off and now it doesn't turn on only blank screen :/

can I fix this?

olliepop2000

Trophies
XP
Country
3dluis said:

from upgrading, got to the install cioscorp bit, forgot to do that and in stalled the ios60 by accident so I uninstalled it after I installed it via wadmanger, reseted my wii by pressing home so I can do the step I missed and then it froze, I switched it off and now it doesn't turn on only blank screen :/

can I fix this?
DOH! :facepalm:

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3dluis said:

can I fix this?

Uninstalling IOS60 is pretty much the worst possible thing you can do to your Wii aside from like physically smashing it to pieces. Pack it up send it to Nintendo, and don't ever fuck with CIOSCORP again if you don't know what you're doing.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kLiNiKaL said:
lol GBAFail

More like noobs making new GBAtemp accounts because they heard they give good help or something and then blatantly disregarding any help given to follow some other random guide on the internet and then proceed to "accidentally" do something wrong and then fuck things up even worse by deviating from the random guide even further and uninstalling system menu IOS'sfail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: