timishu

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I recently downgraded to 3.2u and it works great, so I am now looking into installing Softmii. The main probelm is that because of the soft mod, it will change the way that my Wii reads discs. However, I already have a modchip installed, with HBC and preloader. If I install Softmii, will it damage my modchip?

D

Deleted User

Why would you use Softmii since you got a chip?

Softmii, is a modchip-alternative

kitt050383

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
installing cioscorp when you have a modchip wont hurt you it actually lets you boot certain unamed discs that you couldnt boot without a loader anyways...
-kitt050383

Puma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoftMii will not conflict with your modchip. Start from phase 2 if you are still wanting to install it.

tazan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a modchip jap wii. however, i accidentally updated to 4.1j and all backups won't work now.

can i still softmod my wii?

thx

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
@ the guy above Yeah i think you can just run BannerBomb then install CIOS or CIOSCORP and be ok with backups...

does cioscorps effect the ability to run the new bootmii installer though (if i remember right correct me if im wrong) I had to install a few OFFICIAL IOS b4 the installer would even work for IOS install.....After removing the CIOScorp ios with OFFICIAL ONES (not all but some specific ones ios38 maybe i dont remember) The installer worked fine for me where it previously said to basically "fuck of your wii is hacked" lol

ALSO if you have downgraded you have also most likely broken BOOT 2....SO YOU SHOULD MOST DEF look into pre-loader and starfall/starpatch...before you get to carried away with Flash related changes
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Mondooooo, there was a power outage while you were sleeping?