Hacking softmii 3.0 coming soon

  • Thread starter Thread starter FOUNTAINEER
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 5,401
  • Replies Replies 36
Arm the Homeless said:
bazamuffin said:
How comes the downer on it anyways?
Why do I hate SoftMii?

Because it's a useless guide/package containing stuff that you can easily get yourself.
Then there's the people that says they're running or using a certain version of SoftMii or even using it at all. It's a package. It's not software.

Really, it's useless, stupid, a waste of time, and not worth this topic. It's lucky I even used my time to talk about it.

It's worse. This whole "package" has an huge flaw in it's design. Because some bunch of idiots decided to change the way the Wii works, instead of adding content.

Therefore, the Wii hacking forums are now full of stupid topics. This explain enough the GBATemp facts (Mrkinator).
 
well, then softmii was better when it was only package. Then some script-kiddies thought they could be realz coders too and started getting some code from waninkoko&co & putting their own stuff together, trying to make a professional-looking product (with release dates, teasers, dramas, etc)... at this time, softmii was not only useless, it became dangerous...
 
Jacobeian said:
well, then softmii was better when it was only package. Then some script-kiddies thought they could be realz coders too and started getting some code from waninkoko&co & putting their own stuff together, trying to make a professional-looking product (with release dates, teasers, dramas, etc)... at this time, softmii was not only useless, it became dangerous...
Sounds like a movie trailer
 
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(Arm the Homeless @ Jun 23 2009, 05:18 AM)
QUOTE(bazamuffin @ Jun 22 2009, 11:01 PM)
How comes the downer on it anyways?
Why do I hate SoftMii?

Because it's a useless guide/package containing stuff that you can easily get yourself.
Then there's the people that says they're running or using a certain version of SoftMii or even using it at all. It's a package. It's not software.

Really, it's useless, stupid, a waste of time, and not worth this topic. It's lucky I even used my time to talk about it.

100% agree
I think "we" dont need tutorial/guides : people just have to read readme files and think by thereself, it's the only way to get it working and avoid brick.
It should be some natural selection: stupids just have to buy games. The others can use hack to play more!
I have to agree in most of that, but there must be some advantages of softmii which i wouldn't want to know about, but it's their, if you don't wana use it, don't post and out others off, or maybe they need warning? OUCH
 
syst3merror said:
wow, it bricks wiis? This is the first I've heard of it because I know I PERSONALLY have installed it in at LEAST 30-40+ Wiis and never 1 brick! Hmmmmmm.......

This reminds me of when I was in high school (amazing, I said WHEN I was in high school...10 years ago) and someone would call a girl a whore because they didn't like her when in all actuality she's only dated like 2 guys.....I think you catch my drift!
My thoughts exactly, plus you would have to be a complete retard to brick your wii with softmii.
 
Personally I believe if SoftMii wants to garner more respect, then it shouldn't become some self-absorbed 'package of software' and thinly veiled instructions.

It should become a consortium of people who make guides on software modding, and not just simple instructions either, but GUIDES that go in great detail on what a particular piece of software is doing to your system. So these people can weigh the risks on their own instead of just seeing a package of software that gleams "OMG FREE GAMEZ ROFLROFL", and in the end bricks their system all because they didn't fully understand what was going on.

tl;dr version - there's idiots out there, so let's fix that
 
ginkster said:
Im looking forward to softmii 3.0 I got 2.9.5 on mine atm and i cannot fault it. O and i didnt brick my wii, maybe because i printed off the instructions and read them 3 times before i put it on. softmii dont brick wiis only idiots brick wiis!

bravo bravo
 
The Softmii app set for 2.9.5 is known to have many flaws that have caused multiple bricks. While the 2.0 package was rather stable they rushed themselves eager to show off........ That was a big mistake as it resulted in a very bad release...... So they decided to take there time with 3.0 or so it would seem....... Frankly I don't need there softmii 3.0 or whatever version pack as my wii has been fully softmodded the hard way! by trial and error. Forget waiting for something! Get off your ass get yourself complete brick recovery tools. A mod chip used to be my best friend!
tongue.gif
It happens when you end up reflashing your nand every other day........... Once you have this use the tools to obtain a full dump of the system nand flash as well as obtain all your system keys. You can now recover should you fuck up!!!!! Of course I advise testing the backup to ensure that it's not corrupt first. Now that you are at this point do the research and push forward and keep trying until you figure it out. Thats how real hackers get shit done! They take the jump and keep pushing forward until they can simply say "I've done it!".


I unlike the tards that created softmii however refuse to release what I have learned! I refuse not because it could help others but rather because it's all a work in progress and all my work has been tested on only my system. When I have finished my work such that it's ready to be tested and can actually be used by the general public I'll consider giving others what I know. If someone else doesn't get too it first...... None the less True coders will actually take the time to work through it all and get things working before attempting to release it..... I'm sorry but if you write a bit of code and then post it on the web for the public even though it's not tested it's almost always going to result in something bad..... Sure sometimes the code will actually work and do what it's supposed to. Other times it won't and may do something that will cause bad things to happen! that's why real devs test there shit! It's just that much better that way!
 
um....yeah. ok.


so what is new in softmii 3.0? did we remove playing games....cause that feature was getting old.

jk. seriously, what is new, I wonder? kind of. I kind of wonder.
 
From my understanding they have created a legal IOS patcher to install CIOSCorp without having to download a whole package of stolen Code....... IOS Wads are illegal to distribute........ Either way this patcher if i'm not mistaken was part of the bricking issue...... I believe they have also developed more visual patches....... Other than that I don't really think they have much asside from an LU64 fix.......
 
I dont understand why there are so many people complaining about Softmii. Sure, it is only a guide for installing apps you get from everywhere. But I think the most interesting part is, that you have an all-in-one package to softmod your wii.
Many people dont have time to read through hundreds of pages in a forum to find the correct version of app xxx which hast to fit app yyy...

I myself installed Softmii 2.11 some time ago and did not have any problems. And I am really thankful for creating such a package.
 
No trolling, no flaming bros!

Just wait till the release to voice your comments, we've heard them all before in the old softmii topics
wink.gif


Although I do partially agree with the comment about natural selection comment (lol nice call).

From what I understand Softmii 3.0 will come with some more useful apps that have not previously been released (at least properly, such as icefires scioscore).

Any more silly posts i will trash, so just go easy on it until until the release
smile.gif
cheers!
grog.gif
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted