Hacking SoftChip Backup Loader

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
requiem4d said:
Basically, it's a simple change to make it happen, but why continue to support something that will only complicate matters of compatibility in the future?
I think you should not add compatibility with decrypted games. As far as I can see, it was a temporary blip in the Wii scene that should be encouraged to die out as soon as possible. It would be much simpler and less confusing to newbies to say that there is only one disc format supported - the same one as supported by drivechips.

quim69

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
pelago said:
requiem4d said:
Basically, it's a simple change to make it happen, but why continue to support something that will only complicate matters of compatibility in the future?
I think you should not add compatibility with decrypted games. As far as I can see, it was a temporary blip in the Wii scene that should be encouraged to die out as soon as possible. It would be much simpler and less confusing to newbies to say that there is only one disc format supported - the same one as supported by drivechips.
I second that motion.

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
requiem4d said:
6x. Read http://pastie.org/286184.txt for the complete story on why we're locked at 3x with backups.
Oh i understood that already
smile.gif

I was questioning whether you guys had originals booting using the same commands as backups (hence limiting them to 3x), or had you finished the job properly and entirely so that originals were differentiated and launched using standard methods (which would be be 6x).

I presumed u guys would have, but I thought it was possible since SoftChip is a work in progress, so i just wanted to check.

Great job as always to all the contributors and the founder requiem4d!
grog.gif

Dookieman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, do you guys know why Sam and Max does not boot? It resets the Wii when the game tries to load an episode to play. Is this a DIP problem? It seems like the only game that I have come across that actually resets the Wii not just freezing.

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kornychaos said:
requiem4d said:
Luccax has just committed r47. Originals are now working.
Woo! Now it works with my modchip, sadly it doesn't read the disks my modchip won't read, it won't open the partition, but it gets the game ID and stuff correct.

QUOTE(requiem4d @ Nov 17 2008, 12:21 AM)
Any specifics on which disks those are?
Well, it's not a fault of the loader or the modchip per say, it's just bad media.
My DYNEX discs refuse to get read, the Memorex work the majority of the time, and the Verbatim always work.
I was just a little hopeful the loader would read what my Wiinja Deluxe wouldn't. =p.

requiem4d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any compiled versions or channels are not official. If you want an official compile, wait for alpha. If you just want to run it, test, or try it out, see NeoGodSpeed's post above me.

Feanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm im confused now, what is better SoftChip or BackupLoader? Can i used both together I have a Pal Wii without Chip. And what is if I want a Chip and one is installed. and which App have the higher Brick risk...Because I used NTSC Version amd so on.

Need the Projekt some Graphics because Iam a 2D/3D Graphiker and Animator

BIG MOE

๔*๖ LORD BIG MOE ™
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Feanta said:
Hmm im confused now, what is better SoftChip or BackupLoader? Can i used both together I have a Pal Wii without Chip. And what is if I want a Chip and one is installed. and which App have the higher Brick risk...Because I used NTSC Version amd so on.

this is a work in process , launcher is in Gamma state , compatibility about the same , none of the above will brick your wii , except installing an untrusted WAD , I'll keep you in mind for graphics for some of my work if you like to help on some channels build
grog.gif

requiem4d

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
私の日本語言い訳してください弱いです。両方一緒に使うことができます。これは完全には、更新プログラムのパーティションをスキップレンガ造りのどちらが原因で発生することができます。

私たちはグラフィックスを含む全ての貢献を、お待ちしております。ありがとうございました。

Feanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BIG MOE said:
Feanta said:

this is a work in process , launcher is in Gamma state , compatibility about the same , none of the above will brick your wii , except installing an untrusted WAD , I'll keep you in mind for graphics for some of my work if you like to help on some channels build
grog.gif

Yeah I want help, also u say, I can install both progs with wad I want use this package channel pack Wii-ish Style - Autoboot Force:Pal60 but what is if need annother Version. Can i Backup my Wii if it bricked and I can reinstalled without Chip?

Sarusani

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Feanta said:

Compatibility/Speed is almost the same. You can use either version. If you have decrypted backups (I have about 50
frown.gif
) you can only use BackupLoader...

Greetings
Sarusani

Feanta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sarusani said:
Feanta said:

Compatibility/Speed is almost the same. You can use either version. If you have decrypted backups (I have about 50
frown.gif
) you can only use BackupLoader...

Greetings
Sarusani

Hmm the backup creator is dead in the readme stands
Q. What does patched games means and do I need it?
A. This was used in the first version. The game application was decrypted. It is not needed anymore. 1:1 backups have higher compatibility than patched games.

Anyway is the same, I use this pack Wii-ish Style - Autoboot Force:Pal60 and install softpatch but if i have a tv without 50 what can i do? Reinstalled and thats was it or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: yassssss i love emerald