Hacking Soft reset alternative keys?

beliael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, unfortunately the L shoulder button on my NDS stopped working recently (I've tried the blow into it method, haven't been successful). However, usually it's not a problem with the games I play since the shoulder buttons aren't used a lot or I get by with just using the R shoulder button.

I've been playing Rune Factory 3 and I find that I have to restart my NDS after saving pretty frequently because of the random effects of some aspects of the game.

I want to use the soft-reset feature of the Acekard but I can't if the button presses involve L shoulder button. Is there an alternative button combo?

Alternatively, is there any OTHER way to restart your NDS without manually turning it off and on?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
For a one word answer, no. If you want a flashcart that can change the hotkey, you need to get one from SuperCard. I don't see a problem with manually turning it off and on...(I've been doing that since the beginning).

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm just curious, your shoulder button doesn't work at all or you have to press REALLY REALLY hard to make it work? if its the second then its probably dust, something i've experienced a few times on my ds lite. you could try calling nintendo's 1-800 number to see if your ds is under warranty.

-another world

beliael

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried the blowing method one last time (I blew really hard into it repeatedly) and the L button started working again! For now...

Thanks for the heads up though, it's good to know that there's only one way to soft reset.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
when my shoulder button first stopped working a few blows fixed it. the second time i had to pull the buttona way from the body of the ds, blow for HOURS, until i was able to fix that one. the micro controller is so damn sensitive that a tiny bit of dust or whatever can use it not to work. its always worth blowing or even investing in a tri-wing screwdriver verses what nintendo will charge you.

-another world

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had my Left shoulder button 'die' on me too.
If I blew on it, it would work for one or two times, then go back to not working. Even opening it up and blowing on it didn't help much (it would work for one session then 'die').
What fixed it for me was dabbing at the 'button' (the black circle) with a q-tip/cotton swab dipped in alcohol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*