Soft mod suggestions.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Itsatrap, Mar 21, 2010.

Mar 21, 2010

Soft mod suggestions. by Itsatrap at 4:49 AM (804 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Itsatrap
    OP

Newcomer Itsatrap Member

United States
    So my birthday is around the corner and I'm considering buying a Wii since soft modding looks easy (kind of?)
    After reading post here allot of people say this can be done for free with the exception of the 2gb SD card.
    Though after reading all the post I came across words that I'm not familiar with and got kind of lost.
    I found this http://www.howtomodyourwii.com/ but id rather not spend 35 USD on something unless I have to.
    If the copy of Twilight Princess is needed I have a friend with a copy.
    Anyways I guess what im asking is could someone direct me to a guide of how to soft mod or is BreWii the only option.

Thank you!

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    That's quite the username you've got there...

But seriously, there are stickies at the top of this thread that do everything you want for free. Don't support the scammers plz

3. Itsatrap
    OP

Newcomer Itsatrap Member

United States
    Thanks for the quick reply, But I had clicked on the "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below" thread but it said that it was for advanced users that already had any idea of what they were doing because he would leave some things out that advanced users would already know.

Posts merged

Thanks for the quick reply, But I had clicked on the "Modify any Wii 4.2 & below" thread but it said that it was for advanced users that already had any idea of what they were doing because he would leave some things out that advanced users would already know.

4. FenrirWolf

United States
    Well, read the thread and learn, then.

5. Itsatrap
    OP

Newcomer Itsatrap Member

United States

Posts merged

6. FenrirWolf

United States
    Let off on the post button, will ya? XD

7. Itsatrap
    OP

Newcomer Itsatrap Member

United States
    Sorry about that, the site got really laggy for me all of the sudden.

8. 9th_Sage

Member 9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Indeed, read it, then if you've got questions, I'm sure one of us wouldn't mind helping you. Another good resource if you see a lot of terms you don't quite understand is wiibrew.org

9. Itsatrap
    OP

Newcomer Itsatrap Member

United States
    Alright guys thanks for the help! [​IMG]

10. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Keep note: a compatible SD card is indeed needed, but it's adviced to have a decent-sized USB drive as well (not "needed", but at least very handy...and in the long run more cost-effective than a stack of DVD's).

As for the sticky: 9th_sage is correct. The guide contains everything there is, and it's up to date (the twilight hack is kinda outdated now). It just doesn't contain every little detail of everything (the important things are there, though).

11. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States