Hacking So yeah im new...and confused

bigbob_75056

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Howdy all tis a pleasure to meet ya...they call me bigbob_75056, or bob for short. I just got me a new 3ds and a sky3ds and trying to figure how to put 2 and 2 together. Heres where im at so far...

Software: Gateway ROM Patcher
No Ban No SKY
DiskWriter
SkytempIDedit

Alright based on what ive been reading on the forum, which is a lot and very helpful thanks yall for all of it, I know I need to patch my template to play my games. In order to do that I need to use No Ban No Sky. But my problem is the private header part and everything after that really.

I use Gateway to get the game serial, main title id, and rom content and thats as much as I know. After that I dont how to write the header. I need the private header to us no ban no sky but dont know how to write it. I have been looking at the template for sky3ds and all the info I got from Gateway ROM I have no idea how to use that either. No Ban No Sky writes everything to the template I believe and Im using the new-template I got from SkytempIDedit if I should.

Sorry to be triple posting for Im sure theres a step by step guide on the site for a to z of using sky3ds and putting games on it to play but I didnt find it. Any and all help is appreciated. Oh and I dont care about playing games online if that helps, I like rpgs more than anything so Im good in that area.

joeh1974

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, you don't HAVE to patch with a header in order to play games. It is recommended that you do so, if you want to play online with the least chance of getting banned. If you use Sky3DS's template without modifications, and only play offline, you'll be fine.

That being said, there is no current way to use the Gateway exploit to rip a private header on a New 3DS XL. You would need to be in possession of a original model 3DS with a firmware no higher than 9.2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    A @ anotherthing: The Nintendo servers are going down in 9 days anyway.