Hacking Question So why exactly can't we dump eShop games?

Nerdtendo

Your friendly neighborhood idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, we have a way to dump cart games directly from the Switch so why can't we do the same with eShop only games. I'm genuinely curious as to what makes the difference.

Reactions: PeterMount

Jungle_Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
No, SX OS can only play cartridge dumps (on its 1.2 version at least - hopefully that changes).
I assume with the undoubtedly massive profit margin made so fsr, TX can afford to pay a devolper / small team to develop professionally, full time (I don't know if TX is actually a team or one guy) on their OS for a few months at least.

So therefore new features should be added steadily?, for the next few months at least.

Last edited by Jungle_Jon,

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We can dump eShop games since we have nand backups, it's even easier then dumping Game Carts,
because you can copy&paste it directly from the sd card, all what you need to decrypt them is your sd seed and some keys.

Getting Tickets/TitleKeys (to further decrypt them) is little bit harder, but not impossible.
And in case of Updates, you can even install them right now, via DevMenu.
In case of Game/DLC dumps, you have to wait for a signature patched CFW to install them, because these Tickets are personalized (but that can be undone).

Last edited by Falo,
Reactions: RayPanimals

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well cart games are mounted to the cart slot as you would imagine a regular game would be, hoeehow e shop games use a different process, it's gonna be harder to manipulate

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Fantastic! Quantumcat was made a moderator! You have officially became my all time favorite mod. Sorry, @porkiewpyne. You lost that spot.

Congrats!
I hadn't even noticed! Congrats @Quantumcat .

And just so my post isn't OT :P We can of course dump eshop games. Just no way to play yet, but it'll come.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We can dump eShop games since we have nand backups, it's even easier then dumping Game Carts,
because you can copy&paste it directly from the sd card, all what you need to decrypt them is your sd seed and some keys.

Getting Tickets/TitleKeys (to further decrypt them) is little bit harder, but not impossible.
In case of Game/DLC dumps, you have to wait for a signature patched CFW to install them, because these Tickets are personalized (but that can be undone).
Devmenu lets us install games updates!? Is there a database up yet?

Last edited by Soluble,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Jungle_Jon

Trophies
XP
Country

You don't have to crack the encryption if you remove the code that checks for it.

Will patches installed via devmenu be somehow a red flag for Nintendo or does the Dev menu Mimic the official method close enough it's safe ?

Have the updates been dumped and distributed in the usual channels yet ?

Last edited by Jungle_Jon,

Soluble

Trophies
XP
Country
Just one question. Where?

Im looking for a method to get updates offline! Please tell me the way!
My thoughts exactly, it's not in the tutorial section, have downloaded the development menu and the XC2 update. Waiting on my SX Pro to test. (Also looking at moving layeredfs saves to actual game saves) but won't be working on either til the pro comes.

If anyone is listening do a tutorial on game updates offline!

Last edited by Soluble,

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu

I like the sound of us (currently) being able to install updates via devmenu...
So that means switch game updates are similar to wii u updates, that the ticket is not console specific?
Because with 3DS, the tickets were console specific, so it wasn't possible to install them without patches.
So I could right now download a game updates and build an nsp(?) to install, without any credentials from my switch?
Just for updates, is it as simple as the 3ds tools, just downloading all the contents from cdn and packaging it?

Last edited by cearp,
Reactions: Assasin1990

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes they are, Updates Tickets are NOT console unique.
You can just download the content with a CDN downloader and use it together with a public Update Ticket and build_pfs0.exe from devkitpro to create an installable nsp.
There is a package with nearly 700 Update Tickets floating around. And we have enough banned Consoles to safely download content from eShop.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
You can just download the content with a CDN downloader and use it together with a public Update Ticket and build_pfs0.exe from devkitpro to create an installable nsp.
There is a package with nearly 700 Update Tickets floating around. And we have enough banned Consoles to safely download content from eShop.
That's fantastic, so it justs needs the shopn cert and no personal cert.
Thank you for clearing it up for me :)

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
This is relevant to my interests too.
PM please?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-