hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
hullo8d said:
Get an Open Pandora the homebrew scene for it looks promising

Pandoras are way overpriced. For that much coinage I may as well buy a PS3. Or if I wanted something good for emulators I could just get a PSP instead. Sure the PSP isn't as powerful but it's between 1/3 to 2/3 of the price of a Pandora.

Keep in mind that the Open Pandora isn't just made for emulator, but also function as a DS sized subnetbook. From what I have seen you can do some serious computing if your familiar with the tools and Linux.

Amber Lamps

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
odd that you don't want both of the high def consoles. you should either wait for 3DS or wait for next gen. if I was you I wouldn't buy anything in the case you don't want a 360 or ps3.

well he already has a wii, guys.

buy a retrousb flash cart for that snes and have a blast with it is what I recommend. maybe even buy a neo n64 cart for your n64 with the SD add on. both of those use media cards. I'd say you'll have more fun with a snes flash cart.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just save it for a 3DS.

I have pretty much every gaming device this generation, and you have all the ones that are worth getting.

I wouldn't suggest a PS3, 360, PSP, or iPod Touch (You said you didn't want a PS3 or 360).

If you want to spend it on retro games, I would just recommend using the Wii's Virtual Console. It's a lot cheaper and more reliable.

Edit:

The best choices for you are:

- PS2 (Which most people are suggesting). - I think PS2 is overrated, but it's still amazing. There are soooo many amazing titles for it.
- Gamecube games (Can be played on your Wii). - I kind of got bored with video games recently, and I went back and played Wind Waker. It was so awesome. There's so many amazing Gamecube games.
- Dreamcast. - Dreamcast is awesome, and you don't have to mod it to play backups.

Langin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
awssk8er said:
Just save it for a 3DS.

I have pretty much every gaming device this generation, and you have all the ones that are worth getting.

I wouldn't suggest a PS3, 360ROFL I NEVER SEE ME BUYING ONE OF THESE!, PSP, or iPod Touch (You said you didn't want a PS3 or 360).

If you want to spend it on retro games, I would just recommend using the Wii's Virtual Console. It's a lot cheaper and more reliable.

Edit:

The best choices for you are:

- PS2 (Which most people are suggesting). - I think PS2 is overrated, but it's still amazing. There are soooo many amazing titles for it.
- Gamecube games (Can be played on your Wii). - I kind of got bored with video games recently, and I went back and played Wind Waker. It was so awesome. There's so many amazing Gamecube games.
- Dreamcast. - Dreamcast is awesome, and you don't have to mod it to play backups.

1st I am a nintendo fan boy
2nd SORRY FORGOT TO tell I have a ngc
3rd sega? Sorry no I do not like that games
frown.gif
SORRY!

Virtual console is NOT perfect LOL. I will go for the touch, cos I need a new media device with more space.

So Conclusion: Ipod Touch

TornZero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I can recommend a few games that I like (and they might piss you off since you're a Ninty fanboy and probably prefer casuals, but you have the new Fire Emblem game in your signature so I'll recommend some of my favorite DS games):

• Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor and SMT: Strange Journey. The Devil Survivor battle system gives you the feeling of a tactical RPG along with having multiple endings (meaning great replay value) and plenty of features (including demon capture and fusion) so you'll be able to log in plenty of hours for that one game. Strange Journey was sadly somewhat a disappointment for both Atlus and Shoji Meguro (the composer for most SMT music and practically a god at it) fans, and while it included some of the SMT series' greatest features (demon negotiation for one), the features it lacked would have made it thousands of times better; however, the game is still very fun with the storyline, and it has some nice replay value as well.
• Knights in the Nightmare. A mix of bullet-hell, RTS, and TRPG games. It's not easy to describe, but it's very much worth looking at, if not buying.

All 3 of these games were published by Atlus (yes, I am an Atlus fanboy as they have not let me down yet when it comes to keeping me busy, be it Ninty or Sony systems), and any other currently-released Atlus games I recommend (such as Trauma Team for the Wii).

-Also, nice choice going with the iPod Touch. Mine's lasted over a year now (with a usage amount that would kill most multimedia players in a snap) and it still works great.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Before you go and buy an iTouch I just wanna say that I also think you should get a Dream Cast. I have one with 4 controllers and it's friggin awesome!
My favorite games are:
-Toy Commander
-Donald Duck Goin' "Qu@ckers!" (I know WTF Donald duck. Believe me it's fun though
tongue.gif
)
-STREET FIGHTER (Any one is awesome!)
-Sonic Shuffle
-Spiderman
-Fighter Vipers 2
-Crazy Taxi
And definitely... DEFINITELY...
-STAR WARS EPISODE I JEDI POWER BATTLES
^^ THAT IS LIKE THE BEST GAME EVER!

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
This is why I think being a fanboy is stupid - no offense or anything.

It's just that when you pledge your allegiance to a certain company, you don't get to experience a lot of great games that come out for other systems. I used to eat and breathe Nintendo - I had all their handhelds at one point and an NES, GC, and Wii. I still have most of those systems, but I own a 360 and a PS2 Slim now.

If my Wii did not stop reading discs, I would not have had to send it in to Nintendo for repairs. But despite their excellent customer service, my system was still faulty when I got it back from the repairs department. I had to send it in again. I was without my Wii for a month. Because I was attached to my Wii, and I obviously had to part with it, I decided it was time to buy a PS2 for backup fun. Wonderful games like Kingdom Hearts I and II, as well as Persona 3 FES are now in my library, and the backwards compatibility of the PS1 that makes it possible to play games like Final Fantasy VII has made this system the favorite of mine.

I also own an XBOX360, DSi, and PSP and they do receive pretty good use. Especially the DSi.

If you're partial to one thing, then you're definitely missing out.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lacrymosa967 said:
This is why I think being a fanboy is stupid - no offense or anything.

It's just that when you pledge your allegiance to a certain company, you don't get to experience a lot of great games that come out for other systems. I used to eat and breathe Nintendo - I had all their handhelds at one point and an NES, GC, and Wii. I still have most of those systems, but I own a 360 and a PS2 Slim now.

If my Wii did not stop reading discs, I would not have had to send it in to Nintendo for repairs. But despite their excellent customer service, my system was still faulty when I got it back from the repairs department. I had to send it in again. I was without my Wii for a month. Because I was attached to my Wii, and I obviously had to part with it, I decided it was time to buy a PS2 for backup fun. Wonderful games like Kingdom Hearts I and II, as well as Persona 3 FES are now in my library, and the backwards compatibility of the PS1 that makes it possible to play games like Final Fantasy VII has made this system the favorite of mine.

I also own an XBOX360, DSi, and PSP and they do receive pretty good use. Especially the DSi.

If you're partial to one thing, then you're definitely missing out.

Wow, couldn't say it better myself. Being a fanboy is one of the most tasteless things you can be in videogaming. You simply become close minded and overly biased. Anyone with an open mind and a sense of taste in gaming would realize that every console this gen actually has good games and each one is worth their coinage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn