Hardware So we can pretty much confirm that...

Mana94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will be able to emulate N64 100% Speed.

This MAYBE can even play PS1/ Gamecube games based on looks.
Im waiting for the actual specs to be posted.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo makes the emulator, sure, but most likely it'll all be ports/remakes. PS1 games could've been ported to the DS, but no way for emulation. I'm sure it can handle ported Gamecube games, they've already announced on their site what looks to be a port of Metal Gear Solid 3, which was PS2-only if I remember.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PS1 on the 3DS
rofl.gif
epic

Gearhead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it could easily handle gamecube and the like. If you think about it, the hard war has to be powerful enough to render not only the bottom screen once, but it has to render the top screen twice, one for each eye, to create a 3d effect. So considering that, it should have at least the power required to emulate things like the gamecube.

Hiz_95

Trophies
XP
Country
Mana94 said:
This will be able to emulate N64 100% Speed.

This MAYBE can even play PS1/ Gamecube games based on looks.
Im waiting for the actual specs to be posted.
100% N64 but just maybe PS1? Are you trying to say that PS1 was noticeably more powerful than the N64? Or that PS1 and Gamecube are similar in power?

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
N64 and PS1 sounds possible, I dunno about 100%. GC might be possible, it all really depends. Looking at the screenshots it's about on par with GC graphics, but who knows? Maybe if you're not using any of the CPU/GPU power to make the 3D effects it'll boost up to between PS2 and Wii graphics. Remember, you need extra power than the original to emulate something
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton