tri-light

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Model: New 2ds XL
I opened my system up to fix my screen, and now the volume slider (yes the actual internal one) doesnt work. Ive tried reseating the external slider (the one you touch) and moving the internal one with a spudger. Do you think i need to replace the whole slider or just the plastic piece in the internal slider.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Broke off the notch on the slider? Happened to me as well. I could swear they built it like that on purpose!

It should be possible to change volume with a pointed tool not installing the external part. Else: Solder in a replacement.

Reactions: zfreeman

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Model: New 2ds XL
I opened my system up to fix my screen, and now the volume slider (yes the actual internal one) doesnt work. Ive tried reseating the external slider (the one you touch) and moving the internal one with a spudger. Do you think i need to replace the whole slider or just the plastic piece in the internal slider.
Same problem. I opened my cousin's n2DS XL and the volume slider has the exact same problem, after I closed the console back up with the plastic piece in the wrong position. No visible damage, but my guess is my cousin used force when he thought it was stuck and something got bent internally. I opened it back up to put the plastic piece back into position but it's just stuck on full volume no matter what.
I think you probably need to replace the whole slider, luckily the part is cheap and the soldering seems easy enough.

tri-light

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Broke off the notch on the slider? Happened to me as well. I could swear they built it like that on purpose!

It should be possible to change volume with a pointed tool not installing the external part. Else: Solder in a replacement.
Ive already moved it with a pointed tool and it did nothing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played