So... Rune Factory 4 Hype Thread.

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by DaggerV, Sep 28, 2013.

1. DaggerV
    OP

DaggerV Archmagi of the Emerald Moon

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    (Could've swore I made this thread already >.>)

XSeed finally announced they're releasing Rune Factory 4 on October 1st in NA, don't know about Europe, probably in an attempt to get their games out before all this Pokemon XY drowns them out. I don't blame them, I've been waiting all summer for this bloody game! Anyone else excited to burn an easy two weeks before Pokemon hits shelves?

http://www.destructoid.com/rune-factory-4-release-date-finalized-for-october-261722.phtml

RF3 was a huge step in the right direction, I hope this one can build on that. For the first time you get to pick male or female to start with, so that may drag more players into the game.

http://www.destructoid.com/rune-factory-4-is-pleasantly-complex-255778.phtml

Goes into detail about various additions to this game. All hail the mighty sheep bears!

2. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I am sure excited for this. Its nice to see some of the 3rd party franchises (nintendo usually has poor 3rd party support) that were successful on the DS coming to the 3DS. Even if some of them were only marginally successful, ill take it.

Now, I have only played the first Rune Factory. I have the other 2 on my card, but I could never really bring myself to play them. I always just wanted to play the original, even if it is the worst lol. But This one will be a def buy.

3. isaac52

isaac52 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 22, 2008
    United States
    MD, USA
    I'm surprised anyone would be interested in the series enough to pay $40 for it if they only played 1.

I dunno, it was okay but 3 was amazing for me. I'm lookin forward to this game a lot :)

4. user64

user64 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    Canada
    Would be getting this, if not already going to drop 40$ on EO: Untold (same release date).

5. Dartz150

Dartz150 GBATemp Official Lolicon Onii-chan™

May 5, 2010
    Mexico
    On a Strange Journey
    Yay!! See how excited I'am

[​IMG]

DaggerV likes this.
  6. DaggerV
    OP

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    You're hella excited!

Figured the excitement would be pretty low due to lack of thread :P So I'm creating my own little box full of sand, and no cat poo. Damn cats.

7. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2007
    Canada
    one more game to buy when i get my 3ds xl or 2ds(might get one if my nephew want to use it to).
    so far i have about $400 worth of games(just for 3ds) that i want, but i probably wont get them all

8. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Dec 26, 2008
    Steam City
    I'll be getting it as soon as it gets released in Europe... Although right now I've just purchased Harvest Moon New Beginning, SMT DS Soul Hackers and will be getting Pokemon when it gets released, so my wallet is pretty empty. xP

9. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    So excited! I have to say this so far is the best one in the series.
    Cannot expect the game go here before 10/12 so 40$ for e-shop actually worth it.

10. pokefloote

pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

Mar 20, 2009
    United States
    If it wasn't released on the same damn day as Etrian Odyssey Untold...

11. marksteele

marksteele GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2011
    Canada
    the lack of excitement is disappointing :(, honestly EO is fun but is too JRPG-ish for my tastes...and as for pokemon....well lets just say its repetitive at best.

12. DaggerV
    OP

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    But Rune Factory is repetitive? :D

Anyone play this yet? Won't get my copy until tomorrow sadly.

13. Zaertix

Zaertix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2009
    United States
    USA
    I streamed it tonight and it was a lot of fun. I'll be streaming again tomorrow. :D

14. elunesgrace

elunesgrace GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada
    What is it that is so good about this game? I'm sorta interested in trying it.

But it seems like its an animal crossing sort of game.

15. BORTZ

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Its a rewarding animal crossing game... but fantasy and action RPGish. Its easier to think of uh... Ok start with Harvest moon. You plant crops, raise animals, make friends, expand your farm. Now add in a layer of fantasy action RPG. Now the animals are 6 legged Great Oxen that need milking. You need to run off the that cave to gather minerals to enchant your magic brush, and maybe find some iron to forge a new sword. And dont forget, the royal family is in town this weekend for the annual Elixer Beer Brewing contest. On top of all that, your crops need watered!

elunesgrace likes this.
  16. elunesgrace

elunesgrace GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2011
    Canada

So basically I'm a farmer who can fight and level up. Lol.

17. BORTZ

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    ...Yeah. Its lots of fun really.

18. DaggerV
    OP

Dec 3, 2009
    United States
    Yeah it is a lot more fun then it sounds lol. It's hard to go back to Harvest Moon sometime. So I went to town, turns out the store couldn't get any, so i went to gamestop as a last resort, that got a whole one copy, and it's on reserve. Was tempted to try and convince the guy it was mine, he was a newbie.

19. BORTZ

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    I might go try to pick this up tonight if anywhere has it. I have a long trip (10 hours) that I want a new game for.

20. Terenigma

Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

Nov 10, 2008
    Earth
    I read somewhere its been pushed back till spring next year for europe and when i read that, a part of me died. RF3 was great but both RF1 and 2 were awful. Bright side is that i get to see all you guys tell me if its better or worse than RF3 and then forget about it because spring 2014 is when im praying that Monster Hunter 4 comes out and ill be in meltdown hype mode for that. Ill be fine without the game for now tho...

Warning: Spoilers inside!

DaggerV likes this.