Hacking So many Bricks today

WBW

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I feel like the ad hominem needs to be called out - attacking Hyoretsu in a discussion about bricks isn't particularly conducive to a discussion about why people are bricking.

But even that's been answered already - carelessness. From various sides.

Whose fault is it that people are careless and followed a guide that does less handholding, for a technique that's clearly not fully tested? People cut themselves to the bleeding edge all the time.

Of course you can find fault in whoever makes a ready-to-use ZIP file with an OTP.bin file in it.

MuratTemp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So after 1 year that i have not touched my old 3ds i saw this guide https://3ds.guide/get-started-(old-3ds)
and i want to do it for the heck of hacking.
I have one question though. Which firmware guide i should follow? I have an old 3ds with gateway emunand setup, but i am confused because i was in 9.2 and i downgraded with gateway in 4.5. Should i follow the guide of 4.5 decrypt 9?
I am asking this because i think i have read somewhere that people who downgrade firmware with gateway may need to do something else, i am not sure though.
Also after the completion of the hack will i be able to use my DS Card ( DSTWO ) along with cias installed in nand or there are not compatible together as it is now with gateway ( i mean i have to run the exploit every time i have to use DSTWO).
Thanks in advance
BTW i just finish hacking my wiiU, vwii and coldboot so i need to do something if you know what i mean ;)
I've no idea but I think you should always follow the thing you're on right now,you can follow the 4.5 one I think,but I've no idea sry

Reactions: Inuk

KanterZ

Modder.
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes but this is new. The topic was not how long something takes to do, it was why people would rather watch a youtube video over reading the guide.
Well, I only made that video because some bpeiple have problems/troubles/difficulties when dealing with a text-based tutorial so I decided to help by making an audio-visual presentation for those people.

Just wanna help. :c

nickelci

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
3 console in 2 hours so 40min ea ? :-Ô plailect guide 11.2? Your good !

Safehax, ctr 2.1, otp, restore. Not as much as original guide.
The thing i did to help with time, 2 folders with safehax and ctr, so i could just copy the folder to each card without the need to copy file by file. And another folder with luma, cias, nand backups.
Made it to where all three were done minutes apart.

Attachments

• IMG_1081.JPG
    IMG_1081.JPG
    871.2 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: rphlfjrd

leerpsp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So,I think we all have seen MANY post of users who bricked their 3ds.
And the main problem ist of course,that they weren't following plailects guide.
I saw people writing that they were following a Youtube guide instead of plailect's guide.
There are many people who bricked because of using the wrong files or people who were trying to press the Powerbutton while downgrading to 2.(something).
And the main answers were:,,I took to long,I didn't want to wait" or there were also people who wrote that they were trying to downgrade twice to 2.(something) because their games didn't work=result : Brick.
So for everyone who is going to install A9LH please read carefully and be patient,I mean,Waithax is named like this for a reason.
And follow 3ds.guide.
It's pretty much the best website for getting A9LH and it's better than every other Youtube video so far.
So please be carefull and read everything slowly and if you have question,just ask.
Nobody is going to kill you If you have questions...

So good luck for everyone who is going to install A9LH

It worked out good for me and i made sere to ask every thing i needed to know and some and it all worked out in the end for me i have cfw now and love it!

D

Deleted User

No, it's not my fault. The only person who bricked using my guide bricked because he formatted his 2.1 downgraded 2DS and ended up with a step to test 3D. The other simply couldn't complete the guide. 3 of them because an error that was never experienced before popped up.
and that error is now fixed. So i don't blame you.

Reactions: Hyoretsu
D

Deleted User

So,I think we all have seen MANY post of users who bricked their 3ds.
And the main problem ist of course,that they weren't following plailects guide.
I saw people writing that they were following a Youtube guide instead of plailect's guide.
There are many people who bricked because of using the wrong files or people who were trying to press the Powerbutton while downgrading to 2.(something).
And the main answers were:,,I took to long,I didn't want to wait" or there were also people who wrote that they were trying to downgrade twice to 2.(something) because their games didn't work=result : Brick.
So for everyone who is going to install A9LH please read carefully and be patient,I mean,Waithax is named like this for a reason.
And follow 3ds.guide.
It's pretty much the best website for getting A9LH and it's better than every other Youtube video so far.
So please be carefull and read everything slowly and if you have question,just ask.
Nobody is going to kill you If you have questions...

So good luck for everyone who is going to install A9LH

the youtube guide wasn't a problem. the one Hyoretsu link in fact works. there was a minor bug for some that made it reject loading arm11. but he fixed with a .zip file even though instructed for 2ds, I can confirm that this fix works on n3ds as well. So really it was no shape or form his fault. and the bricks that did occur is most likely due to user error and is no form or way incorrect with the youtuber or creator of that page.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, I only made that video because some bpeiple have problems/troubles/difficulties when dealing with a text-based tutorial so I decided to help by making an audio-visual presentation for those people.

Just wanna help. :c
dude it wasn't your fault. in fact your method does work and in no form or way was your guide incorrect.

Reactions: KanterZ

ItsKipz

l33t hax0r
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the youtube guide wasn't a problem. the one Hyoretsu link in fact works. there was a minor bug for some that made it reject loading arm11. but he fixed with a .zip file even though instructed for 2ds, I can confirm that this fix works on n3ds as well. So really it was no shape or form his fault. and the bricks that did occur is most likely due to user error and is no form or way incorrect with the youtuber or creator of that page.
No, if we're talking about the same youtube guide he included his otp.bin which immediately bricked anyone who used it.

D

Deleted User

No, if we're talking about the same youtube guide he included his otp.bin which immediately bricked anyone who used it.

WOW. IDIOT. seriously how does someone not know about how otps work. good grief!!!!!!! but Ive seen a lot of hate for Hyoretsu which I wish to defend because palciet guide and his guide are nearly identical and .Hyoretsu guide works perfectly fine. unless your like me who had struggled because arm11 wasn't loading, but in the end hefixed it with a .zip. and people are just having absurd hate for the guy.

Last edited by ,

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a bit irresponsible to make a fancily designed release page for soundhax given the circumstances. That shouldn't come until you've actually ironed out everything.
It can also just use a github like everything else does.
Plailect's guide currently links a GBATemp attachment of all things as the "latest fork of safehax+fasthax". Shouldn't a fork show it's source?
Soundhax is fine. The people who had issues launching safehax with soundhax were experiencing an issue with safehax (it currently requires a cartridge inserted into the 3DS to work) that was unknown at the time and assuming that the issue was soundhax when they inserted their OoT3D carts and it worked with OoT3Dhax.

HyperT

Trophies
XP
Country
WOW. IDIOT. seriously how does someone not know about how otps work. good grief!!!!!!! but Ive seen a lot of hate for Hyoretsu which I wish to defend because palciet guide and his guide are nearly identical and .Hyoretsu guide works perfectly fine. unless your like me who had struggled because arm11 wasn't loading, but in the end hefixed it with a .zip. and people are just having absurd hate for the guy.
If you read this thread again Hyoretsu isn't mentioned in OP - or inferred to in anyway; at least until he seems to think he needs to feel the need to justice his thread.

That guide fine, and I'm everyone that was/is following it still knew they were doing something with alpha/beta/test builds.

Plaitects guide as always has every base virtually covered, including mis-steps.

The 'issue' brought up by anyone - can't say that I've seen any hate persay - is that there's two unspoken rules; don't follow videos and don't download/use pre-packed zips [that's why 3ds.guide points to github releases [latest or a specific version]].

The detail and warning labels at the steps on 3ds.guide are also somewhat tricky to emphasise on a forum essentially without some expensive editing.

WARNINGS IN SHORT: While on 2.1 - don't system format or system update and don't put a n3ds to sleep.

Last edited by HyperT,
Reactions: Xiphiidae

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That is messed up.