Hacking So M3 Simp made by R4 or R4 made by M3?

Daemos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Getting conflicting answers here need some proof.

Some people state the R4 team makes the M3 simply and not the other way around =/ But some other people state the M3 team is the same as the R4 team...

The only proof I have to go on is that the R4 release updates come out sooner, and they have an actual support forum....

Anyone want to chime in?

Daemos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.m3adapter.com/News.htm

QUOTE said:
M3 Simply /R3 DS only offers one shell 23-01-07
Sorry ,
Due to the demand of M3 Simply /R4 DS is huge.
Our mould can not be supported enough M3 Simply /R4 DS shells daily .
The new batch of M3 Simply /R4 DS only offer one shell (No extra shell offered ).

Since they speak on behalf of the R4 it would seem like the M3 would be the parent company to the smaller R4. And the confirmation that some people have been getting that the R4 is just a new trademark so they could produce in china is true.

aslacker55

I like pie
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
they are not speaking FOR R4... it just means that they come from the same factory

check out the sticky for more info:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=42846 (and the conclusion drawn up here is from 12+ pages of information from reliable sources (Site Moderators etc)

If M3 is not making the R4DS, then why would they even bother mentioning the R4 in there own website.
wink2.gif

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So? Kingston get their cards from Toshiba, and it's still mentioned. LiteON supply DVD drives for many many companies, and those companies still mention this when the need arises. Companies do it all the time. Trust me, there's (much) more evidence which suggests R4 OEMs from M3s... and no I'm not going to link them, they're spread around the gbatemp forum if you are desperate to find out more.

edit: typos

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The three companies R4, M3 and G6 are linked. I managed to stumble upon a G6LITE page on the English R4 website, and the uncanny similarities between the M3Lite and G6Lite, and the R4 and M3, back this statement.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that's because team M3 develop and order G6s for manufacture. Team R4 is probably where they get all their cards developed from... but anyways, who cares about the name these days, it's quite obvious that all 3 cards are under the same factory

Daemos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So...the R4 team has always made the M3 stuff but only decided to come out now? that uh seems illogical.

Which only goes to strengthen that the M3 team probably owns the R4 team but needs a different name to sell in china (I know a few families that own companies but inside china they need to have a different 'brand' name to sell their stuff.) Being Chinese, and having gone back, and visited some of these factories, I would say that is a huge possibility with the way china works.

(China likes to have their own 'Chinese' brand, which they will sell over 'other brands' although M3 technically is Hong Kong...Mainland china is still separate sorta.)

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No.

From what I know, it's logical that R4 team initially made the R4DS and the M3 team just buys it off of them.

The G6 is totally unrelated. They are most likely combining each other's company.

Daemos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No.

From what I know, it's logical that R4 team initially made the R4DS and the M3 team just buys it off of them.

The G6 is totally unrelated. They are most likely combining each other's company.

What I have done is emailed both companies to get to the bottom of this. I also have both of the company's contact ph# which I could also use if needed.

My friend just got back from HK, where he said they only sold the R4 all over mainland china, but couldn't find an M3 DS simply anywhere, his dad who owns companies in HK, china and taiwan, said it could all be the same company, except to get redemptions (or something like that) in China they could of 'made' another company which is owned by the parent company, it just needs to have a China contact address and a china contact.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So...the R4 team has always made the M3 stuff but only decided to come out now? that uh seems illogical.

It's perfectly logical.

There is no such "team" - thats just words stuck on packaging. the r4 "team" is nothing but a production factory.

When you buy "nike*" trainers they are made in a factory somewhere for $peanuts£. Quite often the factory owner will make extra pairs, as he has all the machinery and workers already it costs him almost nothing to manufacture them. He then goes on to sell them on the market himself, making an extra profit. Of course if he gets caught nike will end their contract with him - but for some the returns are worth the risk.

Obviously it isn't exactly the same thing happening here as the r4 is being sold openly, but they can easily be the manufacturer of ALL M3 products (I'm not saying they definitely are - just that it's logical for them to).

*nike could be any brand - it used to be very common with levi 501's too.

Daemos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Obviously it isn't exactly the same thing happening here as the r4 is being sold openly, but they can easily be the manufacturer of ALL M3 products (I'm not saying they definitely are - just that it's logical for them to).

*nike could be any brand - it used to be very common with levi 501's too.

That would make far more sense then.

Maybe the factory owner somehow got rights to release the R4 in China.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy