Hacking So is WoodR4 dead?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Considering there hasn't been a DS game released since December there isn't a demand or a need for speedy updates.
The DS is dead, so now YWG can take his time work on the extra features like the RTS that was added. I would rather wait to see that feature worked on then seeing small updates that might cause problems.

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As what i knew that the team(r4ids.cn) is still working on the patch for those old revision cards, all current R4i Gold 3DS cards can support the most recent 3DS V4.5.0-10 and DSi V1.45 directly without any patch updating, they might just need more time anyway..

Reactions: Liz Green

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As what i knew that the team(r4ids.cn) is still working on the patch for those old revision cards, all current R4i Gold 3DS cards can support the most recent 3DS V4.5.0-10 and DSi V1.45 directly without any patch updating, they might just need more time anyway..
That really has nothing to do with Wood R4, the R4i Gold Team does make Wood R4, YWG does. Also those patches are never coming out, they say they working on them, but the truth is, they can't update the older cards anymore, the same thing happened to the Acekard 2i.

LurkerA

㊣New3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Come on Catboy, at least they had done something to save back some old cards(not all of them though) since 3DS V4.5.0-10, i would still believe that they can figure it out eventually. Let's pay more patience. By the way, i was heard the Gold Team was indeed to do sth for Wood RTS function..

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Come on Catboy, at least they had done something to save back some old cards(not all of them though) since 3DS V4.5.0-10, i would still believe that they can figure it out eventually. Let's pay more patience. By the way, i was heard the Gold Team was indeed to do sth for Wood RTS function..
There was already a limited number of exploits they could use, mixed with the limited amount space on the cards they could write to. So this isn't about them not trying, it's because they actually can't update the older cards anymore, since there is no more space to write to.

Also I really didn't look into who added the RTS feature, but that really doesn't mean they work on Wood R4 100%, they only compile the source given to them by YWG and most likely only added the RTS to that source, either way, they don't handle the Wood R4 updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o