Hacking So, is THIS possible?

Dacvak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got Action Replay burned and working on my Wii, since my legit copy of AR doesn't work at all. I'm using WiiGator's GC Backup Launcher with the MIOS patch, and it works with all of my legit games.

The problem is, I have a few backup games (like Super Mario Sunshine) that I'd like to get working with AR, as well. Unfortunately, if I put the burned disc in the Wii when AR tells me to, the screen just goes indefinitely blank.

So is it possible to apply AR to backup GameCube games? (On burned 4.7 DVDs)

If so, how can I do that? =)

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you can burn both AR and the desired game as a multigame ISO then use the disc switching option to change from AR to the game in question.

Dacvak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt that would work because AR still has to reload the disc, and it runs into problems when it discovers it's a burned copy. (I assume)

GrandMasterJimmy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why it doesn't work for you, I've been doing it for months. I just put in my burned AR, select a game, and insert my burned GC game, and it boots up fine.

Dacvak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you tell me what GC loader you're using? What AR you're using? What AR file you're using? How you're booting the AR disc (mIOS)? And what burned games are working for you?

Supakitsune

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to agree; I'd really love an answer to this as well, so I can tool around with AR codes on Sonic Adventure 2 Battle again.
It's hardly urgent, but it'd be great if there is anyone who knows about this.
smile.gif

Dacvak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will that boot burned gamecube games, though?

Some people have reported that they can boot burned gamecube games from AR. Is that actuall possible?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
FenrirWolf said:
Maybe you can burn both AR and the desired game as a multigame ISO then use the disc switching option to change from AR to the game in question.
This should work; why don't you try? Use GCOS to burn both isos to the same DVD.

After you burn both isos in one DVD using that tool, it works this way:

In the Wiigator Loader, select Super Mario Sunshine as the secondary game with Z, then load AR with A. This will make the Wii think that, when you eject and reinsert the DVD with both games, you actually ejected the AR disc and inserted Super Mario Sunshine. This can be very useful when a game requires you to change discs mid-game, or in this case from AR to a game.

Dacvak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii_128 said:
FenrirWolf said:
This should work; why don't you try? Use GCOS to burn both isos to the same DVD.

After you burn both isos in one DVD using that tool, it works this way:

In the Wiigator Loader, select Super Mario Sunshine as the secondary game with Z, then load AR with A. This will make the Wii think that, when you eject and reinsert the DVD with both games, you actually ejected the AR disc and inserted Super Mario Sunshine. This can be very useful when a game requires you to change discs mid-game, or in this case from AR to a game.

Sweet, that worked. It should be noted that you DO have to boot AR with A (autodetect) instead of B (with the MIOS patching) when you use this method.

Thanks a lot.

Dacvak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shit, I guess I spoke too soon.

It SEEMED to work, but when I entered the first stage in Sunshine, the game froze.

Gaaahhhhh

Edit: Double shit. Seems like my fucking drive just went bad.

If that's not irony, I don't know what is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum