Hacking So is there a ROM sorting app that works?

yoshinatsu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey guys.
So I know you can sort your ROMS on GateWay by dragging and dropping the ROMS in the order you want them to appear on the OSD menu. But when you want to add a new ROM, it always ends up being the last one on the list, unless you rearrange the list from scratch.
Sooooo... is there any working application for ROM sorting?
I had seen one by "outlaw1994" on MaxConsole before, but it didn't work.
It's an OCD thing, so I'd really appreciate it! :P

Thank you very much, guys.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just drop them onto the SD card one at a time to set an order. The gateway just reads them as they were placed so they will be in that order.

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Personnally, I'm using FATSORTER on my exfat microsd.
http://fat-sorter.software.informer.com/
810730_1.jpg

Just set the directory and hit the button. That's it !

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
stuff like this really does come up every few weeks :)
at least it helps someone, but it is funny when the 'correct' answer is not replied immediately, i would expect after something comes up a few times that most people will know the answer, but sure, no problem :)

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just use the older program (Gateway 3DS ROM Sorter) and use two batch files to temporarily rename your 3DZ ROMs into 3DS ROMs.

This is something I wrote over at Maxconsole:
I also receive "the given key was not present in the dictionary" for several games and can't sort them for that reason. So I found a quick workaround to use Gateway 3ds Rom Sorter for 3DZ files until the next version of SD Manager is released.

• Create 2 text files (.txt) and name them "3dz-3ds.txt" and "3ds-3dz.txt" (or something similar, you just need to know what each file does).
  • Edit them and insert the following commands:

3dz-3ds.txt:
    rename *.3dz *.3ds

3ds-3dz.txt:
    rename *.3ds *.3dz
  • After saving, change the file extensions into ".bat"
  • Copy "3dz-3ds.bat" to your mSD card full of 3DZ ROMs and run it.
  • All 3DZ files will now be 3DS files. Delete "3dz-3ds.bat" from your mSD card.
  • Gateway 3ds Rom Sorter will now recognize your ROMs. Use it to sort them to your liking (you can even sort them alphabetically with one click).
  • Copy "3ds-3dz.bat" to your mSD card an run it. You can delete it afterwards.
  • All your ROMs will now be 3DZ files again. Thanks to the use of Gateway 3ds Rom Sorter they will be sorted in your Multirom Menu.
This batch method is only useful if you have a lot of 3DZ ROMs on your mSD card (so it would be too tedious to rename them manually) and SD Manager doesn't work for you (because of the "key in dictionary" error).

Please note that running "3ds-3dz.bat" will rename ALL 3DS files into 3DZ - so if you already had some standard 3DS files without an online header before running "3dz-3ds.bat" you will have to rename them manually.

Ericss

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use the older program (Gateway 3DS ROM Sorter) and use two batch files to temporarily rename your 3DZ ROMs into 3DS ROMs.

This is something I wrote over at Maxconsole:
That's a flawed solution. What if not all of your ROMs are in 3dz format?

Btw, I wonder why the newest version of Gateway 3DS ROM Sorter, Gateway 3DS SD Sorter, sucks so hard. It was written by the same person, and yet it's so glitchy and lacks auto alphabetical sorting :hateit: Would it have been so hard to just add 3dz support to the original program? :sleep:

bjaxx87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's why I wrote this:
Please note that running "3ds-3dz.bat" will rename ALL 3DS files into 3DZ - so if you already had some standard 3DS files without an online header before running "3dz-3ds.bat" you will have to rename them manually.

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, everytime I need to sort the way I want, after copying the ROM, I MOVE all of the ROMs to a folder INSIDE the microSD and them MOVE BACK to the root of my microSD one by one in the order I want them to appear.

It's not "that automatic" quick but it works... and better, you can "sort the way you want" :)

Reactions: fossi and calebsw

soaresden

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the info, but I wasn't talking about an alphabetical order.

My usage is simple :

I renamed my games like that

"a Eshop - XXXXX.3ds
"a Eshop - 3DS Classics - XXXXX.3ds"
"z - VC Game - NES - XXXX.3ds "
"z - VC Game - GBC - XXXX.3ds"

as example
Like that, I know that eshop games are at the beginning and emulator at the end.
Seriously, it's only filesnames. Who even care about them since we only launch them ?

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My usage is simple :

I renamed my games like that

"a Eshop - XXXXX.3ds
"a Eshop - 3DS Classics - XXXXX.3ds"
"z - VC Game - NES - XXXX.3ds "
"z - VC Game - GBC - XXXX.3ds"

as example
Like that, I know that eshop games are at the beginning and emulator at the end.
you just have to drop it on you gateway sd card, let it create the folder and then move you files in to it if you run it for the first time.
Seriously, it's only filesnames. Who even care about them since we only launch them ?
based on this i tried my luck on a small batch file, (here it is (it should be fairly easy to extend it)

Only bug i cant figure out is that if you run it twice it will handly "hb apps" as "retail apps", can anyone figure it out?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr