So I visited gamefaqs....

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I noticed a topic on the board that was talking about a character in one of my favorite games so I decided, Hmm, well since I never really say anythnig on the board, I guess I will now.

So I stated my opinion and I used the word stupid.... Not referring to anyone but the character when I tried to build her up and make her stronger...

And I got warned. They deleted my post and I got a warning for using the word stupid.

I believe my expression and thoughts were, "O_O Please tell me these people aren't that sensitive."

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that is the Gamefaqs mod all over.

To think people piss and moan about us here.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A lot of terms are offensive at Gamefaqs due to trolls and flamers abusing them even stupid and retard are banned words. The worse thing is some terms that are banned aren't words at all, zzzzzzz is banned as well.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamefaqs seems like a very conservative video game community to me. they do great work with all their guides and tables, but you mention anything about piracy or in this case, the word stupid, you get warned instantly.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, they are terrific when it comes to the actual video game information itself, but if someone puts in their opinion, they get quite touchy. I've seen the word whore and dumb on there and people went about their gamefaq life with a breeze.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Who wants to mass join and supertroll them?
rolleyes.gif

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but most of the posts that get deleted from Gamefaqs are things that people should have known better than to post on such a crappy restrictive forum. I've used the word "retard" without the post getting deleted, even though the board said the message would be automatically flagged unless I removed the word. I just didn't use it as an insult. Saying something like "**** you", or "**** this game" will obviously get your message deleted on a board like that.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lol, yeah I haven't been there in ages and decided to make a topic about Persona 4 for PS2. In the topic was my first impressions of the game and a quick question about the first sidequest. In it I mentioned how the enemy "raped" (a common term in gaming) me several times. I also commented on one of the characters who I just meet "seemed gay". I didn't say anything offensive at all just stated my opinion which is very obvious of this character in the game. The other characters in the story actually asked him themselves later.

They deleted my topic saving it was offensive. The funny thing is there is a whole topic dedicated to this character and most of the post there ARE actually offensive.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Who wants to mass join and supertroll them?
rolleyes.gif
A good ole fashioned forum invasion?

As a mod I must advise against it... as a human I erm.
ph34r.gif

Bake

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Destructobot said:
Not to rain on anyone's parade here, but most of the posts that get deleted from Gamefaqs are things that people should have known better than to post on such a crappy restrictive forum. I've used the word "retard" without the post getting deleted, even though the board said the message would be automatically flagged unless I removed the word. I just didn't use it as an insult. Saying something like "**** you", or "**** this game" will obviously get your message deleted on a board like that.

I wasn't really insulting anyone. I said: "Oh yeah, How the **** I didn't realize that sooner." and they deleted it. But yeah. You make a point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-