So, how do I set up the memory stick?

Discussion in 'PSP - Games & Content' started by Eski, Jan 13, 2010.

Jan 13, 2010
  1. Eski
    OP

Member Eski GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I recently bought a PSP 1000 for $70, btw did I get ripped off? It didn't come with the headphones or usb cable.

Anyway, I pretty new to the PSP, so I'm wondering how the memory stick is set up. I used an adapter(Not the sony one) to see the inside of my stick.

Basically, there's one folder called PSP, and after that there are two more folders SAVEDATA and SYSTEM. I wondering where I put the photos and movies in and what to name those folders. Also, I had my friend hack my PSP, so where would I put my ISO folder?

2. ENDscape

Member ENDscape REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!

Philippines
    Just go format your memstick with the psp. All folders will be made automatically. Name of folder is self-explanatory, ex picture for pics, iso for iso, music for music etc.

3. Eski
    OP

United States
    Oh, thanks. I assumed because it came with the PSP the memory stick would be already set up.

4. wyndcrosser

Member wyndcrosser GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    No, however if you just got it, the ISO folder, GAME, GAME150, etc. folders are only made with a Custom Firmware (aka CFW).

If you get into CFW, look into bubble's categories plugin, it allows you to separate your homebrew, software, isos (games), into different folders.

Wynd

5. Eski
    OP

United States
    So, I gotta create some folders to put my games in? It's already got an ISO Folder, and in it, it has a folder called Video. I did a google search on "bubble's categories plugin" and came up with nothing.