snes9xgx/vbagx/etc. problem.

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Pockle, May 23, 2010.

May 23, 2010

snes9xgx/vbagx/etc. problem. by Pockle at 4:17 PM (1,968 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Pockle
    OP

Newcomer Pockle Member

United States
    Every time I open the damned thing, I just get "Error Opening directory". I clearly have the roms and saves inside the /vbagx and /snes9xgx folders and it just does not work.

Help?

2. mightymuffy

Member mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    What SD card are you using? I'm gonna hazard a guess at you using a SDHC here??
    ...The Wii doesn't like certain SDHC makes/models, I've got a PNY 4GB one for my Wiiware/VC games, which it runs fine, but refuses to load directories once I got an emulator running (thankfully I use a usb for those now [​IMG] )

3. Eichro

Newcomer Eichro Advanced Member

Brazil
    I have a similar problem, and my SD Card is not SDHC.

4. mightymuffy

Member mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

United Kingdom
    Hmmm..... well I'm not sure I'm techy enough to answer correctly, heh! Have either of you accidentally changed the directories in the settings of each menu? Or maybe set the emulators to read from DVD or USB? Once you close the "Error Opening directory" message, go to settings, check the Save/Load etc are set at SD, and perhaps manually type in the directory where your roms are.... tbh though I'm not sure that'll work, and maybe the Wii doesn't like certain regular SD card models either (again, someone a bit more 'in the know' could help you more)
    The only easy alternative is to buy a cheap 1, maybe 2GB Sandisk SD card and use that.... here in the UK a 2GB card can be easily found for around £5 (about US$8ish) which is no money really, and I'm 99.9% sure it'll fix your problem [​IMG]

5. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    same problem i have had since about 2 updates ago.

ONLY tantric's emus won't read my SD....