Homebrew snes9xgx/vbagx/etc. problem.

Pockle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every time I open the damned thing, I just get "Error Opening directory". I clearly have the roms and saves inside the /vbagx and /snes9xgx folders and it just does not work.

Help?

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
What SD card are you using? I'm gonna hazard a guess at you using a SDHC here??
...The Wii doesn't like certain SDHC makes/models, I've got a PNY 4GB one for my Wiiware/VC games, which it runs fine, but refuses to load directories once I got an emulator running (thankfully I use a usb for those now
biggrin.gif
)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm..... well I'm not sure I'm techy enough to answer correctly, heh! Have either of you accidentally changed the directories in the settings of each menu? Or maybe set the emulators to read from DVD or USB? Once you close the "Error Opening directory" message, go to settings, check the Save/Load etc are set at SD, and perhaps manually type in the directory where your roms are.... tbh though I'm not sure that'll work, and maybe the Wii doesn't like certain regular SD card models either (again, someone a bit more 'in the know' could help you more)
The only easy alternative is to buy a cheap 1, maybe 2GB Sandisk SD card and use that.... here in the UK a 2GB card can be easily found for around £5 (about US$8ish) which is no money really, and I'm 99.9% sure it'll fix your problem
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong