SNES & N64 Flash Linkers

wolfeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a huge problem with the design of these new flash carts. The Neo team has shown they have some good products [and yes, some god awful ones too] even though it takes them forever to get them out on the market. The PCEngine flash cart is a pretty nice design although they have now revised it to be able to handle saves but they have jacked the price way up and anyone who bought the two earlier versions are kicking themselves now.

These NEW carts are screwed from the get-go because they are making you buy a GBA Flash Cart of their design in order to be able to use these carts so on top of the cost of the cart, you have another $100 or so that you have to pay to get a GBA Flash cart.

People have been pleading with them not to do this and they simply do not listen and I think a large part of why it has taken them so long to get these working so they can sell them is their need to make the gba flash cart part of it.

This is going to be a bitter pill to swallow when the carts hit the market and I for one will have to think long and hard what I will and will not shell out my hard earned money for.

naveedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can not wait! Does anyone rememeber a few months ago i was asking for this?!?! No one could give me anything, and now this shows up!!! Yayyyy cant wait.

MacGnG

Trophies
Website
www.MacGnG.com
XP
Country
United States
i would totally get a snes flash cart!!! USB and plug n play, i would get it for my GF for her bday!!
smile.gif
i hope they have one of these coming out soon
smile.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
air2004 said:
this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen , a waste of time and money
Please, don't make such posts, because it looks like plain trolling..

I respect your opinion, but at least elaborate why do you think so, if you want to be a part of discussion!

QUOTE(coolbho3000 @ Jun 12 2009, 12:34 AM) Emulators, anyone?
If you ask me, nothing can compare to playing the game on the machine it is supposed to be played originally....Even if emulation is perfect, I still prefer doing it "old school"
tongue.gif

I like playing GB Color games on GameBoy Color, Advance on GBA etc. (even tho it's nice to have an option, emulating/running all those games on NDS)

xboxinoz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I got all excited when I saw this story but it looks a long way down the track from what I really want.

I have a N64 in its original shop demo stand in my rumpus room and although it looks impressive it hardly gets much use. I'd love a nice clean simple N64 cartridge with a micro SD slot on it where I can shove it in my N64 boot it up to a menu and then select any game from the roms stored on the microSD card... oh well... I'll keep on dreaming but at least I'm happy to know some people are still tinkering with the old consoles and it might happen one day.

wolfeman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xboxinoz said:
Well I got all excited when I saw this story but it looks a long way down the track from what I really want.

I have a N64 in its original shop demo stand in my rumpus room and although it looks impressive it hardly gets much use. I'd love a nice clean simple N64 cartridge with a micro SD slot on it where I can shove it in my N64 boot it up to a menu and then select any game from the roms stored on the microSD card... oh well... I'll keep on dreaming but at least I'm happy to know some people are still tinkering with the old consoles and it might happen one day.

what you want is a 256M Z64 with the Compact Flash upgraded bios. Mine is set up with two 2GB compact flash cards with all the games I'd ever want to play on the system and then some. It takes some configuring to get all the games to play correctly, you have to have the patch dat and some other files and a few different boot carts, all of which can be found via google, but ultimately it is the best around so far and from what I see of the neo flash, will continue to be the best around since the neo forces you to use the stupid gba flash cart as the memory card.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice if it is truly 99% compatible. Don't think it will justify buying just to get the 4 or so 64MB games to run on it that my CD64 can't handle... Depending on the price that is...

naveedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
Emulators, anyone?

Its just not the same. PLaying the games on the actually console is so much better. It just feels right!

QUOTE(air2004 @ Jun 11 2009, 05:44 PM) this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen , a waste of time and money

Not very, if it works like a DS flash cart, like m3, r4, or any other other ones, this is going to be very fun!!!! i am so glad

naveedy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolfeman said:
xboxinoz said:

what you want is a 256M Z64 with the Compact Flash upgraded bios. Mine is set up with two 2GB compact flash cards with all the games I'd ever want to play on the system and then some. It takes some configuring to get all the games to play correctly, you have to have the patch dat and some other files and a few different boot carts, all of which can be found via google, but ultimately it is the best around so far and from what I see of the neo flash, will continue to be the best around since the neo forces you to use the stupid gba flash cart as the memory card.

I cant find anything about this...where do i find one.

randysteele992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god I WANT ONE!!! I want an N64 one so bad! I wouldn't mind if there were an n64 emulator for the wii but thats never ever EVER going to happen! So i need one!!

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
z64 is one of the old n64 copiers, it had a zip drive ( connected via IDE)

someone did a bios hack to enable compact flash memory on the ide port (my guess is it was a size limitation)

ps: i really hope this flash cart thingy for n64 is going somewhere. the real deal is always preferrable to emulation

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
naveedy said:
wolfeman said:
xboxinoz said:

I cant find anything about this...where do i find one.

Nowhere really since they stopped being sold about 9 year ago. They are expensive 2nd hand so you might as well wait until the NEO pricing and use emulators until then.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lilsypha said:
Sorry folks, but I have to rain on the parade and say this is NEOFLASH. Has anyone experienced the absolutely atrocity of their NDS carts? What on earth makes you think they're going to be able to produce SNES/N64 carts that are a) any better than the solutions already out there and b) going to work at all? They have the worst track record ever, and I for one wouldn't touch anything with their name on it with a ten foot pole.
This.

I had one of their PC Engine flashcarts and it was unreliable. Think I paid over £120 for just a 64M version, so these N64 & SNES ones should be either the same or a lot more.

You could probably better more reliable and cheaper products here:
http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php?mai...x&cPath=1_8

testic-cancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Neo are a joke.

For anyone who wants a snes cart then just get a tototek one, they work well. Although I personally prefer a copybox (wildcard DX or Doctor SF* are the easiest to still get hold of).

V64jr gives best compatibility on the N64, but they can be hard to get hold of now.

morcar

Trophies
Website
www.tredegarforum.com
XP
Country
They look well cool but why dont they just use SD Cards with the cart. This would have been a lot better as you could store loads of games on the card and play them by selecting the game from a menu. As for the pricing i would say around £30 / £40 any more and it would be a ripp off as i have a hacked xbox that can play snes perfect and almost does the n64 perfect too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free