SNES Games

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by jgu1994, Jan 11, 2009.

Jan 11, 2009

SNES Games by jgu1994 at 7:49 PM (1,364 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. jgu1994
    OP

Member jgu1994 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So recently I felt like dusting off the old snes and buying some games for it. However, I could never find any site that sold them cheaply. I went on Amazon and found some prices I was willing to pay for many games. I added them into my cart but when i went to checkout, I noticed all of them were from different sellers (as they were used) so I would have to pay shipping for every differnt game, and the it would have cost a lot more. What I'm wondering is is there any site that sells alot of snes games very cheap, or is there any snes flashcart type thing.
    I probably won't be buying a modded xbox though.

Tl;dr :I want to buy cheap snes games from one site so that i don't have to pay individual shipping. Tried amazon and ebay.

2. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    The closest thing would be to try and find a game copier, but good luck with that. Plus you'd have the hassle of having to convert the ROMs into a split format and copy them to a bunch of floppies, then do a huge amount of floppy swapping every time you want to play a game.

I have two of the things, but don't bother using them these days, what with emulators on everything from X-box to PSP being so much easier. (I know you said you don't want to use a modded X-box, so I'm not suggesting you do so, I'm just saying it's what I do.)

3. ArchangelX

Banned ArchangelX Banned

United States
    Go to your local swap meet.
    I always find a couple Oldskool game sellers, who _only_ sell games from the classic era (N64 and earlier)
    Also, the prices ain't too bad, hehe

4. slaphappygamer

Member slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    emulation is THE way to go. if you can get earthbound get that. i finished it the other week. it took me a while to beat it, but its fun.

5. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Everyone talks about emulation being the way to go but honestly, playing the original machine is much better. Just compare an emulated version of Super Mario World to a SNES running it. You'll notice a bunch of subtle effects that aren't emulated properly or just aren't emulated at all. Emulation is ok as a substitute, but you're definitely better off picking up the carts and playing the games on a real machine.

I can't help you with picking up carts cheaply but I know a site in the UK that occasionally has backup units (usually Game Doctors and Super UFOs). It might work out a bit expensive shipping them to the US though.

6. jgu1994
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

I have to agree with you TrolleyDave. Emulation just doesn't have that feel to it. Nothing beats popping in a cart and playing it on your tv. I'm going to go check and see if a local gamestop or eb games sells some snes games. Its been awhile since I last went to a game store, but i remember them selling n64 games, so they might have some snes games.

7. Arsic

Newcomer Arsic Advanced Member

Canada
    Could it be the controller feel? Or the act of putting a cartridge into a console? The first one might be good for emulation if you get some sort of adapter for the controller. I don't think the second part can be realistically replicated.

8. slaphappygamer

Member slaphappygamer GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    theres nothing like blowing as hard as you can into the cartridge. ahhh, the sweet lightheaded memories.

9. jgu1994
    OP

United States
    I guess it's the retro feel of it. Also, I was planning on buying a few multiplayer games so I could play them with my friends. You can't really do that with emulation, unless you use winkawaks or something like that and the multiplayer would be over internet connection, so it wouldn't be as fun as having a friend next to you playing.

10. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I thought stuff like Snes9x allowed multiplayer with multiple joypads?

11. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
  12. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    I'm very interested in a super UFO device... But I never find any haha [​IMG] If I one day would come over one quite inexpensive, I'd take it right away!