Homebrew SNES emulator with SA1 chip compatibility?

Liambass

Trophies
XP
Country
Wasn't there a thing in another thread about a list of upcoming games mined from the Japanese VC and one of these (Marvelous possibly?) used the SA1, meaning of course that the VC would have to be updated and we should be able to inject into that.

GalladeGuy

Cool and Epic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't there a thing in another thread about a list of upcoming games mined from the Japanese VC and one of these (Marvelous possibly?) used the SA1, meaning of course that the VC would have to be updated and we should be able to inject into that.
Link?

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want SMRPG (which came out today in NA on the Wii U VC) and Kirby's Dream Land 3 on the New 3DS Virtual Console so badly! I know it's possible because my phone runs them flawlessly.

03bgood

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did get SMRPG on the Wii U VC but it would be awesome if Nintendo added it to the New 3DS Virtual Console. I don't buy that "SA1 chip games won't work on the New 3DS" crap because, like I said, my phone ran it perfectly. No slowdowns, no sound issues, and no graphical glitches.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That said, my DSTwo runs it at third speed, and the new 3ds is 6x as powerful. It would require careful multithreaded optimization, but it's doable.

Course, maybe Nintendo just wants to persuade people to buy a Wii U.

Reactions: Zense

chaoskagami

G̷̘̫̍̈́̊̓̈l̴̙͔̞͠i̵̳͊ţ̸̙͇͒̓c̵̬̪̯̥̳͒͌̚h̵̹̭͛̒̊̽̚
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
That said, my DSTwo runs it at third speed, and the new 3ds is 6x as powerful. It would require careful multithreaded optimization, but it's doable.

It's already BEEN done by homebrew. Nintendo won't do it until a game needs it.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Haha! I think it's very sad if Nintendo expects to sell the Wii U by porting ~20 year old games to them :rofl: I'm playing SMRPG (higan) myself for the moment, but I wouldn't be willing to buy the Wii U just 'cause it has that. Actually, I'd rather buy a SNES to feel that I'm playing it authentically.

Anyways, I didn't know PocketSNES had such a good compatibility, but then again last time I played it was on a DSlite. Or I think I tried it...

Last edited by Zense,

Seedbon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PocketSNES was the best I was able to find for Kirby Dreamland 3, as I had the desire to play it. After heavy modification to the settings, it became playable on my 2DS. I imagine it'd be enjoyable on the N3DS. Just fiddle with the settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Oj did the Dj