Homebrew WIP SNES Classic Launcher For Nintendo Switch

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its a launcher. But smartphone users dont know that concept either, even though they use one every day. So launcher with a SNES classic "skin" is the next best thing to call this, to make them understand, that even though this looks like "the thing they are familiar with", it isnt.

Also this thing had a SNES emulator integrated in the past as well, which is where most of the "you da bomb" comments come from (because it did something, look...).

Coincidently its a comparatively bad one.

Also I write those longer texts, so I can transport complex ideas. "So this is just skin?" isn't what I tried to explain.

This is "skinned launcher" which makes everyone go "wow, great assets you took from Nintendo", that has a SNES emulator baked in thats "not ideal", and "never gets updated". (At least not as frequently as the better projects out there.)

Its the equivalent of "make your Samsung look like an iPhone" for the "looks are what counts most" generation.

Wow, is that an iPhone that you are using?

Also theres the aspect that only ever devs who dont't mind being known for using "borrowed" assets will associate with this project (harshly spoken).
Cool beans

samthebreadman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega bump, but I finally decided to go forward with this.

SNES Classics Beta 4 has been released!

How to install: - Copy the contents of the sdmc folder to your microsd card and launch via the homebrew menu - Add roms by either replacing the stub smc files in the rom folder or add your own by modifiyng the database.json file as necessary

What's new:

- Joysticks now work during gameplay and in the menu (Useful for 8Bitdo controllers)

- Game thumbnails now accomodate different widths (For Super Famicom boxarts which are taller than Super Nintendo boxarts)

- Fixed a minor issue with the scrolling wallpaper stopping briefly when returning to the menu from a game

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMPupUe6Z7n_gX63Qf9ATdXwV7AeMTB5/view?usp=sharing

There’s a discord server for this too where you can leave feedback or feature requests. Not sure if I can link that here though.

Last edited by osaka35,

samthebreadman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, gotcha there. Didn’t included the roms, only stubs for the roms that people could drop in for their own, but whatever.

Stub files in case people didn’t know are just blank files. Merely placeholders.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, gotcha there. Didn’t included the roms, only stubs for the roms that people could drop in for their own, but whatever.

Stub files in case people didn’t know are just blank files. Merely placeholders.
My bad. I should have checked the file size before acting. Thanks for letting me know, I restored the link. Thanks for the hard work :3

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

Yeah adding roms is a big nono. But remember to update the OP as well :) Your video seem to be down :(

Reactions: VinsCool

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega bump, but I finally decided to go forward with this.

SNES Classics Beta 4 has been released!

How to install: - Copy the contents of the sdmc folder to your microsd card and launch via the homebrew menu - Add roms by either replacing the stub smc files in the rom folder or add your own by modifiyng the database.json file as necessary

What's new:

- Joysticks now work during gameplay and in the menu (Useful for 8Bitdo controllers)

- Game thumbnails now accomodate different widths (For Super Famicom boxarts which are taller than Super Nintendo boxarts)

- Fixed a minor issue with the scrolling wallpaper stopping briefly when returning to the menu from a game

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xMPupUe6Z7n_gX63Qf9ATdXwV7AeMTB5/view?usp=sharing

There’s a discord server for this too where you can leave feedback or feature requests. Not sure if I can link that here though.

Interesting.. pic ?

samthebreadman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SNES Classics Beta 5 has been released!
How to install:
- Copy the contents of the sdmc folder to your microsd card and launch via the homebrew menu
- Add roms by either replacing the stub smc files in the rom folder or add your own by modifiyng the database.json file as necessary

What's new:
- Added support for many more languages including Japanese
- Added optional Japanese theme support (Provided you have the Japanese theme, changing is_japanese_theme to true in setting.json file will make the appropriate UI changes

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1quIUT9QZUpvWbloDmC4c4bA7gn27eityg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, https://youtu.be/4urnwg_PhMs?feature=shared&t=35