Gaming Snes 9x Lag?

Maddpierrot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, I just recently modded my PSP with Snes9x and NesterJ. For some reason however, some of the games for the Snes emulator lag (Like Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island). I can't seem to figure out what is causing it, and after a brief glance through the first pages here in the forum, I can't seem to find a reason/solution.

Sorry if this is common knowledge and I'm just blind, but does anyone know whats wrong/how to fix it?

Do you need more info?

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
The official Snes9x hasn't been updated since 2006

s9xTYLslimmecm_test5: this is not an official release, which was done in 2008 (also abandoned) while it runs faster than the original builds - it still runs the games (like SMRPG - SD3 etc.) slow.
Also the intro music can't be disabled and you need set the PSP to accelerated(sp?) to access the menu with the Home key.

With all current official and unofficial builds the sound stutters and they have major slowdowns.
They work fine on cfw 3xx on slims, but attempt to run 4xx or 5xx cfw, and they do suffer alot.
frown.gif

As to a solution. None so far. It needs updated plain and simple.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Maddpierrot said:
Thats rough. Thanks for the fast response.

I have a slim. What is this 3xx you speak of?

3.xx donates the custom firmware version.

Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 (3.xx) ME was designed to run specifically on custom firmware 3.xx using it's Media Engine Library (it's not the official version)

Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 version 3 - there are 2 official versions:
- standard, running in user mode, allowing firmware 2.0+ psp.
- me, running in kernel mode and using the Media Engine for sound mixing, only working on firmware 1.0 & 1.5 psp.

The latter was never updated to work above 3.xx custom firmware.

http://www.evilpsp.com/story/snes-emulator...m-test-5-270508

Maddpierrot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That older firmware runs a bit smoother smoother. Chrono trigger doesn't lag as much, but It's still noticeable.

Are they in the process of updating it by chance? Any more info on the matter?

Thanks for your help =)

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I never noticed any lag in my SNES games using a Slim, but then again I don't play that much SNES... I didn't experience any lag with Chrono Trigger or Super Punch Out! though.

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Maddpierrot said:
That older firmware runs a bit smoother smoother. Chrono trigger doesn't lag as much, but It's still noticeable.

Are they in the process of updating it by chance? Any more info on the matter?

Thanks for your help =)

As far as I know - they aren't going to update the official one or it would have been done by now. Also the core of theirs is based off Snes9x 1.39 for the PC.

As to the unofficial one(s), with any luck someone might update it.

You could always email yoyofr http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html - it lists it as being still active.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte