Homebrew SNEmulDS

jocelyn77

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, i put the SNEmulDS on my firecard, and i did everything it said, including putting roms in the LAMEBOY folde on the root of me firecard. i loaded up SNEmulDS, but none of my roms came up! can someone tell me a better step by step tutorial thing? i didnt "patch" it either (whatever that means
biggrin.gif
), so is that the problem?

help please because i wanna play contra and super mario all stars and it took me FOREVER to find those roms! SNES roms were really hard to find for me :/

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
The SNES roms need to be in a folder named SNES that should be on the root of your card.

Not in a folder named LAMEBOY.

Destructobot was merely telling you the directory pathway, with "x" being the drive letter.

m-p{3}

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
jocelyn77 said:
i tried to rename the folder, but i cant put the "\" in it. do the roms have to be a certain file extension? because my roms are .smc
\ (backslash) is a directory name separator commonly used in some operating systems (mainly Windows)... (no, I'm not telling Linux is using \)

TenchuBlaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I too, am suffering this problem. I patched the snemul DLDI to my ez-flashV. and put the roms in the SNES folder, along with the .cfg file. And yet, when I load up the emulator, the roms are no where to be found. It's quite frustrating.

Anti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
move the SNES folder to where the nds roms are. btw it has to be named SNES. and itll make the .cfg on its own.

TenchuBlaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anti said:
move the SNES folder to where the nds roms are. btw it has to be named SNES. and itll make the .cfg on its own.

I tried that. But I still get the same thing. I put the roms in the "SNES" folder, and then put them where my ds roms are. I look through the SNES folder and see the roms, along with the emulator. The problem is, when I boot up the emulator, it tells me to choose a rom, but I can't. There aren't any roms for me to choose. And from what I understand, it's supposed to boot up a rom automatically, right?

Mario264

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the "SNES" folder should be at the root of your flashcart. it will automatically read the SNES folder and the roms inside it. If you have already used the emulator than move the config file onto the root, not the Snes folder.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the Root of your card (meaning, when you open the card up on your computer, the FIRST place your at.)

SNEmulDS.ds
SNEmulDS.cfg
[SNES] --- This is a folder

Put all the .smc (roms) in the SNES folder.

Boot your DS, and load the SNEmulDS.nds program.

Enjoy!

NOTE!! There are still alot of problems with games... don't expect to play 100% of the games with the same quality as the SNES itself. You'll be sorely disappointed!

yuka001

Trophies
XP
Country
zidane_genome said:
NOTE!! There are still alot of problems with games... don't expect to play 100% of the games with the same quality as the SNES itself. You'll be sorely disappointed!

Yeah, get a PSP for that
yaypsp.gif

Passa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Or build a PC with spare parts, set it up with ZSNES and filters, and play in full 1080p HD glory on a 52" LCD.

On-topic, the compatibility was very disappointing for me, since Chrono Trigger was simply unplayable. Super Metroid seemed okay but had niggling issues, and for such a great game I wouldn't want to hurt the experience by playing it in an inferior way.

Supah Eirian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Earthbound right now on SNEmulDS, it works well enough to play through it. Certainly better than buying a used copy on E-Bay for $100 :-P

Kingsley90210

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having this problem on my CycloDS. I've searched around, and done everything I could think of, but all I get is an Initializing File System message from the top to the bottom of my touch screen. Oh well, this is what my PSP is for anyway.

Shiny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuka001 said:
zidane_genome said:

Yeah, get a PSP for that
yaypsp.gif
Actually, there are a few games that SNEmulDS can emulate better than the PSP's major SNES emulator, SNES9X TYL. One of the games being F-Zero.

Under the latest SNEmulDS I can run F-Zero full speed with very minimal graphical defects (health transparency doesn't show up) and a few _very_ slight sound stutters. With SNES9X TYL I have to turn on frameskip or else I'm left with a subpar 30-50 FPS. SNES9X TYL fails at anything that uses rotation effects and suffers from the same graphical defects as SNEmulDS if using the fastest rendering mode (the only way to achieve acceptable speeds even with frameskip on).

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the snesadvance.dat file that your copy of SNES9X TYL uses and see if it contains the following line:
Code:
AA0E31DE|F-Zero (U)|4|0|0|0|0|0|7819=EAEA,7831=EAEA,783C=EAEA,7841=EAEA,619=425B

If not, try adding it in to hopefully increase speed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr