SNEmulDS problems on r4i Gold

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by thurman86, Mar 16, 2011.

Mar 16, 2011

SNEmulDS problems on r4i Gold by thurman86 at 3:06 AM (2,299 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. thurman86
    OP

Newcomer thurman86 Newbie

United States
    When I try to run SNEmulDS on my R4i Gold I it says "FS failure, continue anyway". I then get an empty Select Rom screen. I have the .nds and the .cfg on the root of my car and a folder named SNES on the root of my card that contains the roms. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

2. thurman86
    OP

United States
    Bump, I am also running WOOD 1.27. Anyone got any Ideas what I am doing wrong?

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
  4. thurman86
    OP

United States
    Yeah FS is for File System, I tired the Formatter and still no luck. According to the box for the R4i cart its DLDI auto-patching though. I cant find a DLDI patch specific for R4i to try to manually patch it though unless its the same as the regular R4.

5. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    Homebrew compatibility changes with every firmware update to Wood I've discovered, or at least it was fairly sporadic with earlier Wood firmwares. For example, Moonshell would work fine one update, I wouldn't be able to use any of the .nds files to boot it the next. Not quite sure why homebrew compatibility is so spotty though. Some people live on homebrew.

Try using an older Wood version (v1.26) and see how that works. I would try it myself, but I don't have SNEmulDS on my MicroSD right now since it just sort of takes up space for me when it is on there. There is no more need for manual DLDI patching though on any flash cart beyond the Pass Me era.

6. thurman86
    OP

United States
    Thanks for the info guys, since you said WOOD seems to have homebrew issues I flashed my cart with the just the R4i firmware and its working just fine now!