SnemulDS 0.5a released!

darksavior

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@bevardimus: yes. NESDS WIP. Even if youre a noob you can still search on google. I got an r4 in late January and before that I was quite well informed of what emulators were out.

rds_works

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Alot of people have been complaining about the capcom games and such. The capcom games like Megaman,,,etc do not work because they have their own chips on the game cart themselves, and emulating them is difficult with the hardware the NDS has to offer.

It usually takes about 10 times the processing power to emulate a system. Just look at the requirements for the PSone's emulator, or even then N64, the reason being is because they are not a x86 architecture, but some other, perhaps powerPC?

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks to all the people updating the compatibillity wiki
grog.gif

Tenkaichi

Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
How good is the emulation of Illusion of Gaia?
I could be wrong since I didn't really play through it when I first put it on the emulator, but it might be worse... at least, I had a problem getting it to really work- first I got a white screen, second time I got to the title screen without sound but the start button won't work (there's also a layer problem on the title, no real BIG deal), and the third time the sound came out, albeit garbled but I still couldn't get past the 'Press Start Button.' I messed around with the settings they listed on the other wiki but they only got me so far. (wait vblank) something something.

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I updated the wiki with Clock Tower, Front Mission, Biometal, Dark Half, and Metal Warriors. I'll have to fiddle with Illusion of Gaia sometime, since I've never played it before
tongue.gif

Tenkaichi

Trophies
Website
www.livejournal.com
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been able to get Dragon Quest 5 to work well enough? I can get past the intro, but once I start playing the game and moving my character around, I open up the menu (with TALK, SEARCH, ITEM etc.) but when I attempt to select "TALK," it freezes. Any suggestions?

Question about the GBAtemp SNEmulDS wiki:
I noticed that unlike the other SNEmulDS wiki, this one doesn't have an extension of the chart that tells the options people use to make the game work best. Will it be implemented at all?

Philosophy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice program.....Thanks!
grog.gif

I did have an issue with one:
Tecmo Super Bowl III Final Edition

-No Text on Menu Screen or Main Selection Screen
In game is playable
Audio does not sync in some sections.

That's all I got from about 5-10 min.

Kenzya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got Illusion of Gaia to work. I just kept trying different speed hacks and resetting the game. Eventually I got through the title screen. After that? There's layer issues and some sound issues. The game freezes randomly, usually when trying to handle an event.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone tell me how to get this to work on the EZ V?
I fail the FS or something, and then it can't find my ROMs, which are on there.You have to patch the gamecode to "PASS" to work on EZV, or it does not put it in direct file/SD access mode. Wow I wish people would read chishm's site instead of being oblivious..
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/
QUOTE said:
EZ Flash 5 (SD Card) (See note)QUOTEAdditional Notes

The EZ5 menu won't boot a ROM in homebrew mode unless the gamecode is "PASS". Cory1492 has written a tool to fix the header and patch the ROM at the same time. Get it from his site.

I read that a long time ago, but forgot about it because I didn't think it was needed because all my other homebrew has run fine without it. Thanks for reminding me.

scognito

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Can someone tell me how to get this to work on the EZ V?
I fail the FS or something, and then it can't find my ROMs, which are on there.You have to patch the gamecode to "PASS" to work on EZV, or it does not put it in direct file/SD access mode. Wow I wish people would read chishm's site instead of being oblivious..
http://chishm.drunkencoders.com/DLDI/
QUOTE said:
EZ Flash 5 (SD Card) (See note)
QUOTE said:
Additional Notes

The EZ5 menu won't boot a ROM in homebrew mode unless the gamecode is "PASS". Cory1492 has written a tool to fix the header and patch the ROM at the same time. Get it from his site.

I read that a long time ago, but forgot about it because I didn't think it was needed because all my other homebrew has run fine without it. Thanks for reminding me.

I did a fix for NinjaDS, now snemulds boots on it: http://scognito.drunkencoders.com/projects/misc.php
Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64