Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
OSW said:
I thought SNEEK doesn't install any IOS to nand, let alone IOS250... because it runs through bootmii... I thought the IOS is just stored and run from SD...

Please confirm?...
There's besides the bootv2 install a .wad-Install. See the original v1 NFO:
IOS-Only-Install:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modifying IOS60

-remove the SD module entry from the TMD and reduce the content count by one

-change the TitleID within the TMD and the ticket to 00000001-000000FA

Create the 0000000e.app

-run the following commands

(Note: if you want you can use the ES or the FS module without the other,

simply do "elfins.exe 0000000e.app")

elfins.exe esmodule.elf 0000000e tmp.bin

elfins.exe fsmodule.elf tmp.bin 0000000e.app

Creating and installing the SNEEK.wad

When running SNEEK via the IOS-Install you have to install it via a .wad

there are many tutorials on the net on how to create a wad and how to install them
I would say we all should wait until v2, and see if something changes. And as far as I know, IOS250 can't be overwritten, because it has the highest Version number possible (therefore it survived the Update from Ninty)...so...why should it be possible here?

Yes best to wait for V2 and see what happens when its officially released i'm only going off of the V1 installer guide, yea I already had sneek installed for bootmii Boot2 and as IOS250, Thats why i brought it up
In my opinion I prefer the IOS install instead of the bootmii install anyways cause i can use both menus ORG Menu and then Switch to the EMU Nand without taking out the sd card and getting up.lol

QUOTE(OSW @ Oct 19 2009, 03:16 AM)
Edit: oh... i missed the end part of the NFO, my apologies
smile.gif
Thanks I'm Just trying to sort a small hiccup before i start getting complaints in Startpatch

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlackAce83 said:
Blue-K said:
OSW said:
I thought SNEEK doesn't install any IOS to nand, let alone IOS250... because it runs through bootmii... I thought the IOS is just stored and run from SD...

Please confirm?...
There's besides the bootv2 install a .wad-Install. See the original v1 NFO:
IOS-Only-Install:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Modifying IOS60

-remove the SD module entry from the TMD and reduce the content count by one

-change the TitleID within the TMD and the ticket to 00000001-000000FA

Create the 0000000e.app

-run the following commands

(Note: if you want you can use the ES or the FS module without the other,

simply do "elfins.exe 0000000e.app")

elfins.exe esmodule.elf 0000000e tmp.bin

elfins.exe fsmodule.elf tmp.bin 0000000e.app

Creating and installing the SNEEK.wad

When running SNEEK via the IOS-Install you have to install it via a .wad

there are many tutorials on the net on how to create a wad and how to install them
I would say we all should wait until v2, and see if something changes. And as far as I know, IOS250 can't be overwritten, because it has the highest Version number possible (therefore it survived the Update from Ninty)...so...why should it be possible here?

Thank You

Yes best to wait for V2 and see what happens when its officially released i'm only going off of the V1 installer guide, What did you guys think i made all of this up.lol I already have sneek installed for bootmii Boot2 and as IOS250, Just my option though i prefer the IOS install instead of the bootmii install cause i can use both menus ORG Menu and then Switch to the EMU Nand without taking out the sd card and getting up.lol

QUOTE(OSW @ Oct 19 2009, 03:16 AM)
Edit: oh... i missed the end part of the NFO, my apologies
smile.gif
Thanks I'm Just trying to sort a small hiccup before i start getting complaints in Startpatch

post how you did it I've got it downloaded too and want to try it out!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried like a dozen things, and since the instructions are so concise I apparently missed something needed, although after all the tries I cant imagine what.

NReale3370

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noobwarrior7 said:
i tried like a dozen things, and since the instructions are so concise I apparently missed something needed, although after all the tries I cant imagine what.

I've heard it can be finicky about SD cards so it may not be you

And yes its a great start!

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
hany said:
Any news from the beta testers?
I guess they aren't allowed to post some news...just be patient, I guess it won't take a long time for the release. I'm also looking forward to it
smile.gif

QUOTE(noobwarrior7 @ Nov 1 2009, 05:14 PM) crediar just told us theres likely not room in the fs_module for usb support.
You mean basicly? So he can't make an SD-Version and an USB-Version? That's pretty sad...SD-Access from SNEEK would be pure gold...and I hate the fact that Apps would have to be recompiled to work with SNEEK...

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SNEEK won't feature USB support. Otherwise it's name would be UNEEK (Unique?). So it's not planed to add USB support, besides the fact, that there's not much space.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Welp