XP
Country
Swaziland
SanGor said:
the Loaders must add support for SNEEK not vice versa
smile.gif
Yeah, I though so
smile.gif
. So this also applies to the about the PUNEEK-Loaders (Puneflow, for example)? I'm not shure if they would work with the latest SNEEK, since giantpune changed SNEEK quite much...

scooby74029

wanttabe dev
Trophies
Website
www.wiithemer.org
XP
Country
United States
hey any one help please compiled new sneek r90 and cant get the di to work regular sneek works fine but di wont load i think the dicfg.bin is not writing correctly can some please help me with the structure of dicfg.bin on the old r80 i had to hex edit slot bin because it wouldnt write correctly either but the new dicfg.bin is way over my head to figure out how to edit it thanks in advance

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
scooby74029 said:
hey any one help please compiled new sneek r90 and cant get the di to work regular sneek works fine but di wont load i think the dicfg.bin is not writing correctly can some please help me with the structure of dicfg.bin on the old r80 i had to hex edit slot bin because it wouldnt write correctly either but the new dicfg.bin is way over my head to figure out how to edit it thanks in advance
I couldnt get it to work then i tried turning my WII and HDD on at the same time success

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Code:
typedef struct
{
ÂÂÂÂu32ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂSlotID;
ÂÂÂÂu32ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂRegion;
ÂÂÂÂu32ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂGamecount;
ÂÂÂÂu32ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂUnused;
ÂÂÂÂu8ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂGameInfo[][0x60];
} DIConfig;

Phylos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rev88+ doesn't use the region.bin file. All the region info is stored in the diconfig.bin

Use a Hex editor to change the 6th cell (should be listed as 02) and edit it to the desired number.
This will make the Sneek think the Wii is of the following region:

01 - US
02 - EU
03 - Japan

This was bugging me as I couldn't figure out why Rev 90 kept saying my Wii was EU.
I took a look at the file in a HEX editor and discovered the answer inside.

Remember, Crediar said this in the changelog of Rev88:
r88 @ May 21 2010 said:
-region/current slot ID/installed game count and the first 0x60 bytes of all games
installed are now stored in single file called /sneek/diconfig.bin (see dip.h for the
struct format)

I haven't looked too closely through a Hex editor, but I can tell the Layout goes like this
Current Slot ID/Region/Installed Game Count/ First 0x60 bytes of all games.

The first 0x60 bytes of each game gets the game ID and gives us the title.

Sketter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry if this has been asked, but 38 pages is a bit much.

(all this is attempting under UNEEK)
From the guide, i can't seem to get virgin NAND using "How to get a virgin NAND using NUSD and showmiiwads:"

When i run my NAND it runs, when i try to do a virgin it just stays on a black screen, no remote sync.

I did copy the settings.txt to the right folder, and i have tried to do over about 4-5 times now, with re-downloading the IOS's and system menus.

I do wait the 5 mins, and by the time i got down to the last few tries i even waited 30 mins.

I did noticed when i plugged the HD to the computer that there were extra folders created, but i think somewhere along the way it's stopping.

The only thing i can think of is maybe something is wrong with my settings.txt ? ( What does that file hold anyways? Can a get a new one, or is it wii specific?)

Thanks!

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sketter said:

From the guide, i can't seem to get virgin NAND using "How to get a virgin NAND using NUSD and showmiiwads:"

When i run my NAND it runs, when i try to do a virgin it just stays on a black screen, no remote sync.

I did copy the settings.txt to the right folder, and i have tried to do over about 4-5 times now, with re-downloading the IOS's and system menus.

I do wait the 5 mins, and by the time i got down to the last few tries i even waited 30 mins.

I did noticed when i plugged the HD to the computer that there were extra folders created, but i think somewhere along the way it's stopping.

The only thing i can think of is maybe something is wrong with my settings.txt ? ( What does that file hold anyways? Can a get a new one, or is it wii specific?)

Thanks!

Did you change the region in your settings.txt to match it with your virgin nands region?

Sketter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OverjoY said:
Sketter said:

Thanks!

Did you change the region in your settings.txt to match it with your virgin nands region?

The region is the same, so i didn't touch anything in it.

This is kinda driving me crazy... am i the only one with this issue?

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
hello once again,

had a day off and decided to try sneek again.
used the FS Dumper .dol to dump my nand and used that to play with sneek.

one part (Sneek Auto-Installer v4 by xflak.rar) one part (SNEEKInstallerv0.1b1-cred.rar)... and low and behold, SNEEK v2 works! (also got a virgin install working later)

i was like "oh cool, this totally works now" so tried to do the next step would be adding the DI modules (and hence install sneek+DI)...
using the "SNEEKInstallerv0.1b1-cred" i 'updated' my files so they would be DI compatable and then booted up again... only to get the dreaded BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH! (ie it hangs and you must power off the console by holding the power)

i was then like "ah, gay, well i obviously did something wrong... lemmie try something else..." and proceded to try all sorts of things.

i found that problems like this were solved with either "font.bin" or some other file (dont remember).
the problem is that Crediar's autoinstaller for sneek does not included these files, and im not sure where to go from here.
(and i dont plan on installing devkitpro and all that other stuff just to compile one file)

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
only now do i feel like an idiot...
tongue.gif

thanks for the simple yet helpful reply, and not just saying "use the search".
thanks @menage730
happy.gif

----
EDIT: unfortunately, still no luck
frown.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
overlord00 said:
only now do i feel like an idiot...
tongue.gif

thanks for the simple yet helpful reply, and not just saying "use the search".
thanks @menage730
happy.gif

----
EDIT: unfortunately, still no luck
frown.gif

Are you trying to run SNEEK+DI? Let me get this right, you have already successfully set up ran SNEEK Autoinstaller correct?

If you are running DI just make sure to follow this file structure. You can find everything you need under useful downloads in the first post.

QUOTEsd:\bootmii\armboot.bin
sd:\di.bin
sd:\boot2.bin (renamed boot2_di.bin)
sd:\font.bin
NAND
sd:\import
sd:\meta
sd:\shared1
sd:\shared2
sd:\temp
sd:\title

usb:\games\your game

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
@Digital1980: yes, sneek+DI...

after finally adding font.bin, all those files appear to be on the card (except i have a folder called "tmp" and not "temp" (ill add that for good measure, but i assume its just a typo).

i've reverted back to my full nand dump and will let that sit idle until something happens... or at least for the next 15-20 mins...

PS: these 3 files:
--sd:\bootmii\armboot.bin
--sd:\di.bin
--sd:\boot2.bin
were made by the auto installer
(do i rename the boot.bin to boot2_di.bin, or rename from this to boot.bin if i was using the compiler?)

this file i got from the other files:
--sd:\font.bin

QUICK EDIT:
do i actually need a game for it to boot sneek+DI (and or a usb in at all)?

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
as in wii game or something like VC/WW...?
im using NSMB... and using wiijmanager, it puts it into a folder called sneek... i assume as it says "usb:\games\your game" i put everything in this "sneek" folder it dumped to into a folder in the "games" folder... and not into the "sneek" folder that is created on the USB...

ie:
USB:\games\nsmb\cert.bin
USB:\games\nsmb\files
USB:\games\nsmb\sys
USB:\games\nsmb\ticket.bin
USB:\games\nsmb\tmd.bin

i ask this stupid question as ill not know if it is working or not...

overlord00

Trophies
XP
Country
i reverted back to SNEEK (non-DI) and was trying to figure out how to use it to load games, and tried to do it like if i did have DI installed (which i do not as it doesnt work for some reason) however, pressing start on my sneek install provides me with this:

SNEEK+DI 09:49:03 Apr 7 2010 EUR
Installed Games: 1024
(Wii)

not really the point of what i am posting, just an interesting fact.
i really wanna know what i am doing wrong, or what i could do more correct...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to