Gaming Smooth as Silk faceplates

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
I just recently ordered a PSP 1000 (red) faceplate from Divineo.cn and here is my review
  • Build Quality
    Okay. The build quality was alright. The texture was matte instead of gloss, like the original OEM faceplate, making it a godsend for people who hate fingerprints. The plastic was just a tiny bit thinner than the original, and there was bleed through with the LEDs (meaning it shone through the plastic instead of the LED hole.) The only thing that struck me as extremely cheap, was the actual "screen" part looked like it was just tack welded on the inside, with only six points of welding. (corners and top and bottom of screen)
    7/10
  • Color
    The color was a bit disappointing. It wasn't as deep as I would like, It was supposed to be a cherry red, but instead it was more like a candy apple red. No big deal overall.
    8/10
  • Overall Fit
    This is the worst category of them all, and ultimately where the faceplate failed. After I had gotten everything tightened and in the right place, everything LOOKED like it fit, but, first of all, the square button didn't register. The Analog stick drifted BADLY, the shoulder buttons did not work at all, they were stuck and did not press down at all.
    1/10
  • Extras
    The extras were the best part of the deal, as I got two sets of good buttons, good as in quality. Not so much in design. The design has much to be desired, but on the up side, it fixed my sticking square button.
    7/10
The bottom line is, unless you know the right spots to file or add on to, dont get this faceplate. I chucked mine in the trash.

mucus

Orc Orc Orc
Trophies
XP
Country
oh thank you!
i was thinking of getting some new plates for my psp, and thinking about which brand would be the best.
there's a bajillion out there.

glad i know at least one to avoid!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1