Hacking Smea's iosuhax

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
... If I was to hack anything with an automated screen saver, no matter what keys it needs or how clever the security is to access those keys. I would simply just replace the screen saver being called with what I wanted to be called as the screen saver already has access, as long as the screen saver appears to be the same file, the system will call it ...
:creep:

FunThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Feel free to get mad and ignore me for literally nothing :mellow:, but starting with that Hykem crp again tells me now that you were more interested on drama than anything else since the beginning.

stop this crap, hykem is gone for months but after he left most ppl here believed he was godlike because of his promises

@Pachee you are one reason why developers dont want to release to the public children here at gbatemp only spamming the devs

if you would better inform you, you would know that @Datalogger is the best contributor to the wiki at this time and not a dramaqueen like hykem

http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges

if no one tries to get a step ahead we stay where we are ;-) and the people going ahead know there is a risk on this way

Last edited by FunThomas,

Pachee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stop this crap, hykem is gone for months but after he left most ppl here believed he was godlike because of his promises

@Pachee you are one reason why developers dont want to release to the public children here at gbatemp only spamming the devs
Let me remind you that:
1 - I am not the drama queen who bought your evil "h" to this thread once again because an user tried to give me a hint i didn't like.
2 - Giving a friendly reminder of how you should take care when considering to install into an expensive Wii U the barebones undocumented hack release by smea makes me the "one reason why devs don't want to release their work"? I have always thought it was the people bothering them to do it already.
3 - I don't spam developers. I barely post here.

And now we are back to the beginning: I would rather see people risk a bungee jump with a proper environment and be successful at it than see yet another bricked Wii U which only Nintendo is able to fix.

Datalogger

Living the Deam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Datalogger, since I don't think you can see this otherwise
The way it works here, I don't see ignored users posts - even if you include them in your reply.

Either way, it doesn't matter as I CCL.
As someone else said, that user is claiming the wii-u is "very expensive" where they are, but the flag says they are in the US.
I live in the most expensive part of the US and wiiu's are as cheap here as they are useless everywhere.

That being said we are going forward with documenting the functions on the wiki that the PPC can use on the ARM side, still looking for way to poke a "real" hole into the ARM's armor.

Last edited by Datalogger,

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As someone else said, that user is claiming the wii-u is "very expensive" where they are, but the flag says they are in the US.I live in the most expensive part of the US and wiiu's are as cheap here as they are useless everywhere.

idk what kind of disposable income you have, but to call a WiiU cheap is pretty annoying to people that have to really work at saving up enough money to afford one. the prices on amazon for example are basically my entire paycheck. even the one i got from gamestop still took me a month of saving to buy. home consoles aren't so cheap that everyone can just buy one because they want to waste their money on bricking it with an experimental hack.

Datalogger

Living the Deam
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk what kind of disposable income you have, but to call a WiiU cheap is pretty annoying to people that have to really work at saving up enough money to afford one. the prices on amazon for example are basically my entire paycheck. even the one i got from gamestop still took me a month of saving to buy. home consoles aren't so cheap that everyone can just buy one because they want to waste their money on bricking it with an experimental hack.
If $89.00 is an entire paycheck, you need to look more closely at the minimum wage laws in your state.
You'd have to be making less than $2.25 an hour for it to take an entire paycheck.

I can buy a working 8GB wii-u console for $89.00 any day of the week on eBay.
(less, if I want to use "Make Offer".)

It would be with no pad, but you don't brick the pad when you experiment with CFW.
Yes, I have a couple that I bricked, but that's par for the course when you want to "play" at this level.
This is a hobby more than anything else. I fly RC Aircraft/Copters/Drones and when you crash trying something new, it cost much more than $89.00, but that's just how it goes.

That said, this is why people don't release anything that could possibly brick someone else's console.
What works just fine as an exploit for me, might just brick your console.
Not worth the trouble. (especially if you would need to work a month to replace it).

-dl

Last edited by Datalogger,

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, honestly Wii U are cheap... like really cheap xD

zac122

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get them that cheap only if you trust the person selling it to you. I could buy a stolen ps4 for about $150 at the right place, but I'm not going to. I could also buy a used wiiU with potentially a lot of problems that come up later, and weren't listed on the site it was sold on. Just for
Example I spent $400 on mine including shipping and one game. Regardless of how cheap I CAN get one I already spent that much, and I'm in no hurry to flush that much down the drain.

But this is kinda off-topic, so in the interest of not getting in any trouble I'll be backing out of the thread now.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get them that cheap only if you trust the person selling it to you. I could buy a stolen ps4 for about $150 at the right place, but I'm not going to. I could also buy a used wiiU with potentially a lot of problems that come up later, and weren't listed on the site it was sold on. Just for
Example I spent $400 on mine including shipping and one game. Regardless of how cheap I CAN get one I already spent that much, and I'm in no hurry to flush that much down the drain.

But this is kinda off-topic, so in the interest of not getting in any trouble I'll be backing out of the thread now.

Well, I've never had problems with my Used/refurb consoles from eBay... sometimes the people who sell them it's because they got a PS4 or their child won't to play it anymore!

ARVI80

Trophies
XP
Country
Sooooo

Access kernel,
Kernel hook & functions.
Create offsets,
Create paths for common/user dirs,
Include kernel defs,
Setup exceptions,
Create dynamic mount path prefix (cafe os sd path / sd mount path,
Mount sd,
Allocate memory,
Some other stuff?

Modified fw files to sd.
Compile script to boot fw from sd.

Thinking out loud and wanted somewhere extra to keep my top-down, where else is better than here....

Anything non constructive wins the iggy badge.

input welcomed.

Last edited by ARVI80,

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I don't know what I'm talking about but here goes....

Can we dump the on disc updates.
Like say I'm on 5.3 and I ran a dump of mario maker in loadiine. Would it tell me I need to update? Then would it run the update portion of the disc? Couldn't the update on the dump be patched like splat on or brawl. Thus giving us access to run unsigned code as though signed.
Flame Away or just continue with the usual off topic nonsense

eddiejo6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I don't know what I'm talking about but here goes....

Can we dump the on disc updates.
Like say I'm on 5.3 and I ran a dump of mario maker in loadiine. Would it tell me I need to update? Then would it run the update portion of the disc? Couldn't the update on the dump be patched like splat on or brawl. Thus giving us access to run unsigned code as though signed.
Flame Away or just continue with the usual off topic nonsense

The update is signed and probably has a SHA-1 or MD5 checksum. And if those conditions aren't met the wiiu will refuse to update cause it knows the update file has been tampered with.

If those checks weren't there you could just open a DNS server which redirects Nintendo's update servers to your own update server and push an "update" which gives us IOSU access

andriy921

Trophies
XP
Country
The update is signed and probably has a SHA-1 or MD5 checksum. And if those conditions aren't met the wiiu will refuse to update cause it knows the update file has been tampered with.

If those checks weren't there you could just open a DNS server which redirects Nintendo's update servers to your own update server and push an "update" which gives us IOSU access
Those things have nothing to do with inability to change dns.
It's because it uses https to contact nintendo servers.

marduk666

THE INFINITE NOOB
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well what I'm saying is updating offline. From a loadiine ready dump that the wiiu thinks is a disc with the update. If we dump the update we can find the checksums? Then instead of actually updating run some code to get us into new territory, and make it small with some junk data to give it the right checksums.

Reactions: Deleted User

eddiejo6

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well what I'm saying is updating offline. From a loadiine ready dump that the wiiu thinks is a disc with the update. If we dump the update we can find the checksums? Then instead of actually updating run some code to get us into new territory, and make it small with some junk data to give it the right checksums.

How would you get past the signature verification though? Remember the whole FBI vs Apple thing? That whole thing was about FBI demanding that Apple gave them their unique software signature so they could push their own software to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended