ROM Hack Smash save file recovery [experienced users needed, HELP!]

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooooo I happened to notice that I'd f*cked up the partitioning on my 3ds sd card and so I backed it up and fixed the partitioning. HOWEVER the backup got messed up somehow and Smash got all kinds of messed up. The eShop says it's downloaded, The icon but not the top screen label shows up, and it won't launch, [however showing me my spotpass and streetpass blinking lights on the icon] and once i launch an app and return to the menu it's gone. Data management reads it as ~6 apps with no name and no icon, with 0 blocks. I can redownload the app, in fact, i already have. However, i have intent on recreating a years worth of unlocked characters, stages, custom moves, and all of my records. Soooo, I need an experienced 3DS hacker to dig into my backup data, and, if possible, rescue my save file with instructions on re-implementing it. There should be no issues, in theory: this is the same DS, same SD card, same data, etc. I just need my save file. Please, anyone out there with the ability to help me, I urge you to help! It's very, VERY important to me. The ZIP file containing my backup is at the following link: . good luck.
EDIT: GBATemp doesn't like the file size of the ZIP, so here's a link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-rJQ3f2l83aTE1SajQtVnNhcGc/view?usp=sharing

Last edited by Swiftloke,

hotdog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well first off, there's no attachment that I see that has your backup. Secondly, you said you screwed up the partitioning and then 'fixed' it. Are you sure you did? Try taking everything off the card and then formatting it as FAT32 with 32kb cluster with only one partition, not multiples. Copy everything back and see how it goes.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just fixed the link. Formatted as FAT32 under complete partition size, instead of 3.89 GB. Used gparted. named 'BOOT'. Works fine in 3ds.
EDIT: by complete partition size I mean the whole size of the card, 8GB, instead of 3.89 partition and the rest unallocated.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh right, my bad.
So about that ORAS save file. I gave up on the smash file, however I believe that it should be easy to locate the ORAS backup file and implement it. any thoughts?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte