OP
Trophies
XP
Country
smash bros. DS is never gonna happen bla, bla, bla bla

you are a noob, bla, bla, bla, bla,
please lock this, bla, bla, bla ,bla.

^ i don't think so! ^

ever since the release of the NDS spammers have enjoyed spamming forums on the subject of smash bros. DS
and then many have said "so do ur own homebrew then!"

but why not!
i mean, if everyone just worked together and stopped arguing over the subject we may be able to make this happen!

...but then we get a complaint from nintendo...

^ i don't think so! ^

i recent ly read an interesting fact - they can copyright the characters and the title, but they can't copyright the gameplay!

so what if everyone works togetherto make a homebrew game plays like smash bros. but has different characters!

you can spam this all you like, i don't care, I used up all the spam at the top,
so we either keep fighting about this or we get it done!

i don't care if you call me a noob, cause at least i'm the only one to do somthing about it!

so come on! lets all contribute to make a homebrew game worth playing!

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
1.jpg

D

Deleted User

learn to do a hello world on the ds and then see if you can do something useful. Nobody said it's impossible, they are only saying that people talking about it not the one knowing how to do it.
If you want I can also tell that I'd like to have ten hotties under my order anytime, but since I'm not a drug baron it's noob talk (with respect to harem).

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
matthewd997 said:
so, I'm the only person who actually believes we can do this

'We', as in...?

You need to have skills and knowledge on programming DS homebrew.

No offense, but you're probably just another noob who thinks game x should be on DS, and tries to figure out how to make it - but fails, because they have no knowledge on the subject of programming.

matthewd997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i'M NOT GONNA GET MAD, BECAUSE YOU ARE PROBABLY RIGHT,

I WAS ONLY MAKING A POINT REALLY THAT EVERYONE SAYS A HOMEBREW WOULD BE COOL BUT NEVER DOES ANYTHINH ABOUT IT

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll tell you why smash DS isn't happening (Boohooo?) . Because those with enough knowledge and time are already working on much better projects. The DS need smash brothers like a hole in the head.

You simply can not find a person who does the two things you need. 1. Being a DS homebrew developer and 2. Giving a hell about what legions of Smash addicts want.

Sorry to burst your bubble(s) but you are blowing them from the smoke out of your bumm.

Ps. I too think of games I'd love to start porting but I know it is my own determination which will get the game ported not a "group effort" of programmers who will magically want the same thing as I do. Some people may be will to help you with setting up basics but beyond that....

Two choices available to you now are the same available to everyone else who has thought of homebrew. BE RDY WORK HARD YOURSELF or FORGET IT.

Jac834

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We don't really need to make a new homebrew game with Smash Bros gameplay, it's been done. By actual developers. It's called Jump Ultimate/Super Stars. The two games are really similar.

Chrono_Tata

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
matthewd997 said:
i don't care if you call me a noob, cause at least i'm the only one to do somthing about it!

Excuse me for asking, but what actually are you doing about it? Do you know how to code games? Can you make sprites or 3-D models?

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
matthewd997 said:

I WAS ONLY MAKING A POINT REALLY THAT EVERYONE SAYS A HOMEBREW WOULD BE COOL BUT NEVER DOES ANYTHINH ABOUT IT

Everyone says that it would be cool but out of those people who says that they want to do something about it and can?

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want a landmaster in smash bros DS. Make that possible please, pls, plz, plx, plox.

Super_Smash_Landmaster_by_BatenFan.jpg

But seriously.. if so many people wanted this to happen, someone would've probably started a while ago. I doubt this is ever going to happen.

Mac2492

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
matthewd997 said:
so, I'm the only person who actually believes we can do this

If you want Super Smash Brothers on the DS, go ahead and start making it. People might jump onto the project.

Until then, don't bother people about making your own fantasy games. I want an online side-scrolling fighter (there's much more to it than that, but I'm trying to keep this short) on the PC. Am I going out and bug people to make it for me? No. I'm learning how to program so I can start on it myself.

Making a Super Smash Brothers clone on the DS isn't something that the community can just get together and do. This requires actual programming knowledge, expertise in graphic design, expertise and sound design, and much more. What you're doing is akin to running outside and screaming, "HEY! I want flying cars! Come on, guys! I'm sure we can make flying cars if we work together!"...and knowing nothing about cars other than the fact that they go "vroom vroom" and move around.

By the way, your character idea breaks down at every point.
"so what if everyone works togetherto make a homebrew game plays like smash bros. but has different characters!"
Different characters? One of the main reasons why Super Smash Brothers is so popular is because it uses popular Nintendo characters. Why don't we just replace all those characters with other popular characters, then? Because you hit the copyright wall again. It's like stealing a pack of chips, then trading it for a pack of gum. Same crime, different objects.

Besides... The DS already has Jump! Ultimate Stars. =P

QUOTE said:

What are you? The team cheerleader?

QUOTE said:
so come on! lets all contribute to make a homebrew game worth playing!

Go team, go! If you can't do it, no one can!

QUOTE(matthewd997 @ Mar 3 2008, 06:56 PM)

A Super Smash Brothers DS game would be awesome. Please make one for us. ^,^

P.S. Well, I'm done being *mean*. I hope we were able to smack some sense into you. =)

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
WeaponXxX said:
My book might help you
gbatempimage4.gif

I Going to make ASSASSIN CREED on DS ... but the real assassin (i mean version X360 or maybe PS3) i have some Paint.exe & powerpoint skills

And after i'm going to port bioshock on GBA and Crysis on amiga .....

Ok i ll stop dreaming ..... A mugen Port could be great and i ll be okay to help ..... but TOO MUCH WORK ! all files must be adapt ! i mean grapfics file too !
.... I ve only see mugen on xbox and Dreamcast (and PC of course) ...that s all so it ll be A HUGE project... that need a lot of DEvelopper skillz

geunt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.