1. spuderump

OP spuderump GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Thought I would start a thread for people wanting or know how to unlock all the characters on smash bros. At the start you only begin with the characters from the Nintendo 64 version.

Any tips or knowledge of how to unlock the rest would be greatly appreciated!

2. kikongokiller

kikongokiller Big Sneeze#9629

Australia
    You fight and smash until you get bored, And new characters will approach every few battles

CrisFTW likes this.
  3. Devin

Devin "Local Hardware Wizard"

United States
    I don't think there's an order or method this time. Just keep unlocking characters in World of Light and then back out to the main menu after every character unlock to fight another.

Last edited by Devin, Nov 25, 2018
  4. Yanda

Yanda GBAtemp Regular

I want to know about that.
    And this is an information I got from 4chan.
    1543134366278.jpg

NeoSlyde and Devin like this.
  5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

United States
    It's simple. Go to versus mode, play one on one matches against single cpu, one stock only (which is the fastest way I can think of) and win constantly. New characters will challenge you and you unlock them as you win. (When characters unlock is based on how many battles have been completed in the versus mode) which has been there since the gamecube game. Or you can unlock them by performing bizarre win conditions. It's nothing new here. :creep:

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight, Nov 25, 2018
  6. gabrieldantasv

Newcomer

Brazil
    Do you know how to unlock mewtwo ?

7. Kripas

Kripas Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    here you go- Unlock All Characters. Upload using FTP or open your SD card and Paste the 0x01006A800016E000 Super Smash Bros Ultimate folder on \switch\Checkpoint\saves then click "restore" in checkpoint. Launch the game then change the language to English under option. I think it was in spanish

Attached Files:

Last edited by Kripas, Nov 28, 2018
    Pola92 likes this.
  8. Meditate

Meditate Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Characters show up every 10 minutes. If you reset the game the timer resets. Method: launch game, play vs, 1 stock, suicide (like my exgf probably will soon, not a joke/joke), fight challenger, reset game and repeat. I did this and can confirm it works. I lost to 7 challengers in a row last night and I'm definitely shit at smash.

NeoSlyde likes this.
  9. NeoSlyde

NeoSlyde Let us start the game
    Banned

France
    Lmfao you killed me :rofl2:

yeeyeehaircut likes this.
  10. Keylogger

Keylogger GBAtemp Addict

France
    inb4 in Smash Melee: To unlock Mewtwo, the player has to play 20 hours of VS. matches.
    Now in smash Ultimate: to unlock all characters just fight 10 VS matches

11. javicrazy

javicrazy Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Spain
    Just play the story mode and unlock them there...

12. sTo0z

sTo0z GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I did the 1 stock + reset method and unlocked characters very quickly.

However, I did lose to some, and apparently they are now stuck behind the "Challenger's Approach" game mode, and I don't know how to trigger them faster. Resetting the game does not make it re-appear, and they will no longer challenge me just from playing.

Anyone know how to make "Challenger's Approach" re-appear quickly? Or the logic behind how frequently it appears?

13. Agusto101

Agusto101 GBAtemp Regular

Guatemala
    Only fight till you die literally ...but i have a question dudes , where is fighter mii? I get all the characters from wol except that.

14. speedy2721

speedy2721 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I noticed that when you beat classic mode that the "Challenger's Approach" game mode becomes available again. If you lose any of the rematches you have to beat Classic mode again to get it to reappear.

sTo0z likes this.
  15. sTo0z

sTo0z GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I was noticing something like that as well, thanks for confirming. :)

16. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    It's kinda unfortunate how it's all random apparently. I'd certainly have liked a few conditional unlocks or some rhyme or reason to it.

Unlocking ghosts ion the other hand is a huge pain. All the cool ones are pretty much impossible challenges that disappear if you lose once. Tried to get Akuma, was a HP match where your defense is reduced, opponents attack is increased, extra damage on specials and opponent spams specials. One fireball did 50hp of damage. Probably need lots of evolved ghosts at max level to have a chance there

17. darkriku2000

darkriku2000 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've won a couple of games but haven't unlocked anybody, or do I need to be in game for 10 minutes then win a fight then another 10 minutes etc. Kind of a bummer if this is the only way to unlock stuff, most of my time spent in melee was spent with my friend taking turns in single player just unlocking all the stuff, good times.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - character, unlock, thread