Smash bros. brawl disk read error

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by white wolf, Mar 13, 2011.

1. white wolf
    OP

white wolf GBAtemp Regular

Jun 11, 2009
    Chad
    I just got a copy of smash bros brawl last night and since then when ever i put it in it never loads i just get a disk read error. I have read that nintendo will fix this for free but this is not a option for me as i live in Trinidad and Tobago. What can i do to fix this at home? Help me please...

Oh and if it helps i got my wii at launch.

2. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    Is your wii modded? And is the disk a retail?

3. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 23, 2009
    Australia
    Did you clean your lasers lens before trying the game?

4. white wolf
    OP

Jun 11, 2009
    Chad
    My wii was modded but after updating to 4.3 all mods were erased. Yes it is a retail copy. Also The game is brand new but i still tried cleaning it with a cloth. After searching on the net i tried using a straw to try to clear some of the dust and using the wii on its side but no go.

5. Pete666

Pete666 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 12, 2009
    Canada
    you must change your lens! I had the same probleme because my wii was bought at launch

Don't know if you can fix it at home.. you can order one on ebay.. but I won't taking the risk to install it.. any people who can repair this in your town?

6. white wolf
    OP

Jun 11, 2009
    Chad
    Dont know any off hand. Will have to check around. Sigh seems like this may be the only way. Will have to check amazon and see what i can find. Dont know what ill do since trinidad dosent have any wii repair places as far as i know, more so for places that can replace the wii lens. Darn and i was so excited too... Any other suggestions?

7. bazamuffin

bazamuffin RESIDENT DILF

Feb 1, 2009
    Shmashmortion Clinic
    [youtube]fVa7tnKS16Y[/youtube]