ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue is applying to all of the customs skins.
If you can, try opening the code_saltysd.bin in a hex editor and edit 0x89437 to 0xEA instead of 0x9a. I think I found the issue though and I'll see if I can push it, I'm in the middle of new file stuff though so I have to do some git magic so I don't push my current branch contents.

EDIT: That address is a US address, it's probably different for EUR/JP

Last edited by shinyquagsire23,

Tacosaregood

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can, try opening the code_saltysd.bin in a hex editor and edit 0x89437 to 0xEA instead of 0x9a. I think I found the issue though and I'll see if I can push it, I'm in the middle of new file stuff though so I have to do some git magic so I don't push my current branch contents.

EDIT: That address is a US address, it's probably different for EUR/JP
I found it and changed it.

EDIT: Custom skins are working now :)

Last edited by Tacosaregood,

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um... What do I even do... I'm such a noob at using Luma and a9lh... All I knew how to do was install it to my sysnand as CFW. Can someone walk me through the process in English, please?

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry but I'm really getting confused on how to compiling the new saltysd and applying it. Any help?
If you give me a day I'll have my smash-selector app updated with the newest saltysd and also fix the problem people had with the injector not working.

Zachers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you give me a day I'll have my smash-selector app updated with the newest saltysd and also fix the problem people had with the injector not working.
Just so you know I tried the old version with the new Luma and SaltySD and it works beautifully. Only thing that doesn't is the "load default Smash".

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Cydget

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just so you know I tried the old version with the new Luma and SaltySD and it works beautifully. Only thing that doesn't is the "load default Smash".
Thats part of the problem, but I plan on fixing it tonight/tomorrow. Also, the update will include being able to download the latest saltysd as saltysd/smash gets updated without the need to redownload the cia for my app or someones prebuild saltysd update cia.

Zachers

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I apply it to the update or put in the root? I'm a bit of a noob at this stuff.

Follow this. Just use LumaUpdater (assuming you use Luma + A9LH) and install the latest hourly:

Just shooting this over here, but there's a new SaltySD release at https://github.com/shinyquagsire23/SaltySD/commit/d99f5aa34818cb82c72f8c579aaca7bb8233a510
  • No more cachegen.py
  • Complete overhaul on hooks, faster loading, no more online/local play timeouts
  • New files coming fairly soon
I'd highly suggest updating to it if you can. Also, if you run Luma3DS, you can load SaltySD without installing an update .cia as of this commit. I believe you can do this by renaming the code_saltysd.bin file to 00040000000EDF00.bin for US, 00040000000EE000.bin for EUR and 00040000000B8B00.bin for JPN and placing it in sdmc:/luma/code_sections

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thats part of the problem, but I plan on fixing it tonight/tomorrow. Also, the update will include being able to download the latest saltysd as saltysd/smash gets updated without the need to redownload the cia for my app or someones prebuild saltysd update cia.
Very nice, looking forward to it!

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I can have a code_saltySD.bin compiled for each region by tonight if anyone needs them. It really isn't hard to do though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1