ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
View attachment 50757
I need to remove the trees, rocks, floating islands, pretty much everything except for the background from Battlefield. A hex editor won't get me anywhere, though... Any ideas?
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP. THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING.
Does anyone have ANY idea of how to do this? @Sammi Husky? @shinyquagsire23? While I wait on an answer, I'll continue to hunt down info about the game, and help the rest you all out. It looks like Ninty left some E3 showoff images in the games code. Can someone confirm the pictures at /data/ui/replace/image/howto_field_play_e3 are the ones actually used at E3?
Also, @LinkSoraZelda I was watching one of @TCPixel's streams and he had the shaved menu. Ask him.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any progress on the menu edit @Yudowat?

Last edited by Swiftloke,

Francisco Villa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anyone know which sound effects are used in the main menu (accept, decline, move)? I wanna replace them with sound effects from Sonic Adventure 2

Reactions: BlastXDX

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP. THIS IS GETTING ANNOYING.
Does anyone have ANY idea of how to do this? @Sammi Husky? @shinyquagsire23? While I wait on an answer, I'll continue to hunt down info about the game, and help the rest you all out. It looks like Ninty left some E3 showoff images in the games code. Can someone confirm the pictures at /data/ui/replace/image/howto_field_play_e3 are the ones actually used at E3?
Also, @LinkSoraZelda I was watching one of @TCPixel's streams and he had the shaved menu. Ask him.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any progress on the menu edit @Yudowat?
Bump.....

Beat_

Trophies
XP
Country
Can I use these files and this tutorial to edit the sounds of all the games I want for the 3DS?

Guihvmxz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can I use these files and this tutorial to edit the sounds of all the games I want for the 3DS?
Not every game uses .nus3bank files, mostly only NAMCO games, and every game has it's own file, if i'm not mistaken. You can use Asia81's extracting and dumpig roms tutorial, but for everything else i'm not sure.

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States

gryz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, so I'm using python 2.7. SaltySD loads everything fine on 1.1.4, with dlc because of my dlc cia, but I can't use my save file because python won't run the DTLS script. Could someone extract a 1.1.6 cia and send me the data folder? If not, an alternate method or what my problem is? Everything on Smash works, but I can't use my save data, so I don't have the characters unlocked. Help?

JigglyGoods

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have a video tutorial on this? I'm more of a visual learner and tend to mess up more often by just reading instructions :\

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys, so I'm using python 2.7. SaltySD loads everything fine on 1.1.4, with dlc because of my dlc cia, but I can't use my save file because python won't run the DTLS script. Could someone extract a 1.1.6 cia and send me the data folder? If not, an alternate method or what my problem is? Everything on Smash works, but I can't use my save data, so I don't have the characters unlocked. Help?
Can't you just use a 1.1.6 SaltySD? Ive got one for the 3 main regions on that iso site

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, why are you trying to remove STAGE MODELS with a HEX EDITOR?
Last resort, to see if I could do ANYTHING. No tools work at all, and a hex editor is my last resort option to see if the file's even readable. I've seen custom stages before, I know it's possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: