ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Done! Feedback is appreciated :)
EDIT: Apparantly file was too large... find it here https://mega.nz/#!CRliQBzb!mewfZeRGvpw4WhGN2NuBd1lYFbm1sPIajVPTgJmRVcc
This is how mine looks:
My Smash Roster 3ds.png

Everything is alright, no errors, the readme is wellmade too and it looks awesome.
Only thing we need to learn is how to replace the background to whatever we wish, but it is already awesome as it is, thank you for doing this bro

Eddypikachu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone help? I don't know how to do the command prompt on the cachegen file so it can fix the loading times

Attachments

• pls help.png
    pls help.png
    35 KB · Views: 298

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is how mine looks:
View attachment 47652
Everything is alright, no errors, the readme is wellmade too and it looks awesome.
Only thing we need to learn is how to replace the background to whatever we wish, but it is already awesome as it is, thank you for doing this bro
Is there a version of this CSS with the original portraits?
Like is there one with the original character portraits that Isnt Alts or anything else?

Last edited by WarioTails358,

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Is there a version of this CSS with the original portraits?
Like is there one with the original character portraits that Isnt Alts or anything else?
Well you can use the mod I uploaded but just use the default alt for everyone...

EDIT: As you can see in my screenshots, the purpose of my mod was to use whichever alt you want in this format.
https://imgur.com/a/S97y6

Last edited by Yudowat,

frillyseal_69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when I use a saltysd cia for 1.1.5 I got from "That Iso Site" the game fails to boot it will kick me back to the home menu does anyone know why?

frillyseal_69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still wont let me into smash after installing the update the saltysd cia just wont install properly all it does is make a block of unknown data

Halvorsen

Trophies
Website
halcove.com
XP
Country
United States
So um... over on that ISO site, there is Super Smash Music/Super Music Bros. It's a few months old. That is a custom build .cia of Smash, so the game can definitely be rebuilt. I read early on that it couldn't. Has this been fixed?
Mainly I want to put custom costumes and music in, WHILE merging the update files with the original game to retain Smash 1.0 loading speeds.

Pib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So um... over on that ISO site, there is Super Smash Music/Super Music Bros. It's a few months old. That is a custom build .cia of Smash, so the game can definitely be rebuilt. I read early on that it couldn't. Has this been fixed?
Mainly I want to put custom costumes and music in, WHILE merging the update files with the original game to retain Smash 1.0 loading speeds.
custom music can be rebuilt, since the bgm isn't packed away in the dt/ls files. unfortunately, most everything else is inside these two files, and those can't be rebuilt

bjt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have searched thoroughly but can't find an answer to this particular problem, which is oddly specific. My 3DS is fully set up having followed the Plailect's for getting arm9loaderhax and I have fully functional FBI, through which I have installed a couple of games which load and play perfectly fine. All except for Super Smash Bros. I must say that my main goal for hacking my 3DS was to be able to modify Super Smash Bros. I installed it last and played it last night and it all played fine without any issues. Today I got everything set up with SaltySD and tried to launch the game, however it hung on a black (loading?) screen immediately after booting and stayed there for well over half an hour. For the life of me I can't figure out what has gone wrong and caused Smash to be unable to load.

What I have tried:
Removing update data and launching Smash without SaltySD update installed
Completely uninstalling Smash Bros (and deleting save data) and reinstalling through FBI
Using a completely different Smash Bros download + Region (Both USA and EU)
Running the game through a physical cart
Deleting all folders from my SD card relating to SaltySD and Smash specific modding, and then reinstalling Smash
As I mentioned previously, the other games I have installed seem to be running perfectly fine, so the issue seems to be specific to Smash Bros.

3DS details: Old3DSXL, EU System, Sys 10.7.0-32E

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have searched thoroughly but can't find an answer to this particular problem, which is oddly specific. My 3DS is fully set up having followed the Plailect's for getting arm9loaderhax and I have fully functional FBI, through which I have installed a couple of games which load and play perfectly fine. All except for Super Smash Bros. I must say that my main goal for hacking my 3DS was to be able to modify Super Smash Bros. I installed it last and played it last night and it all played fine without any issues. Today I got everything set up with SaltySD and tried to launch the game, however it hung on a black (loading?) screen immediately after booting and stayed there for well over half an hour. For the life of me I can't figure out what has gone wrong and caused Smash to be unable to load.

What I have tried:
Removing update data and launching Smash without SaltySD update installed
Completely uninstalling Smash Bros (and deleting save data) and reinstalling through FBI
Using a completely different Smash Bros download + Region (Both USA and EU)
Running the game through a physical cart
Deleting all folders from my SD card relating to SaltySD and Smash specific modding, and then reinstalling Smash
As I mentioned previously, the other games I have installed seem to be running perfectly fine, so the issue seems to be specific to Smash Bros.

3DS details: Old3DSXL, EU System, Sys 10.7.0-32E

Use pathchanger or simply remove the bootmanager that you have and leave the Arm9loader.bin alone in the root of you SD card

Francisco Villa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there. I just got started into dumping files last night, then I wanted to go to DLC files but I can't get the decrypted CIA because of my sysNAND version being unable to run HBL and I won't be able to fix it for a while. So I was wondering if someone was able to share with me a decrypted CIA, I just hope it's not console dependant because I won't be able to fix it until the next month and that sucks. Thanks for reading guys.

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there. I just got started into dumping files last night, then I wanted to go to DLC files but I can't get the decrypted CIA because of my sysNAND version being unable to run HBL and I won't be able to fix it for a while. So I was wondering if someone was able to share with me a decrypted CIA, I just hope it's not console dependant because I won't be able to fix it until the next month and that sucks. Thanks for reading guys.
That CIA is Nintendo Copyrighted, so it would be illegal and against the forum rules to post it here... :mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Tbh isn't that already couch casting