ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-Killua

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Do you think you could send me your SaltySD folder in a .zip file? Maybe it's the model that has a problem.
Sure, here it is:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/oh511x6aw8jq94a/saltysd.rar
(I deleted cache.bin and bgm for less space)
What texture isn't working? I know one download in this thread has a few corrupted ones.
I downloaded a lot of textures from your "Smash 3DS Texture hack" thread, but it doesn't load

BTW how can I load custom music for DLC stages?
I found the file name for Midgar, it's snd_bgm_FF01_FF7_TatakauMonotachi, but it doesn't load in the BGM folder

Last edited by Master-Killua,

ArcPh1r3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try editing a custom character with the palettes that aren't working and see if that screen loads.

Master-Killua

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
OK I don't know what happened, but I did the python thing again with a custom Captain Falcon I downloaded, and it loads now! Yay!
Thanks for your help guys.

But somebody can tell me how can I load custom music for DLC stages? for Midgar specially
EDIT: The problem still happening. I tried loading the custom textures with the custom music for Final Destination, and crash in loading screen :/ but with other with no-custom music, it loads perfectly. And without using custom textures, it load perfectly the music. That's weird
EDIT 2: So it loads perfectly using Captain Falcon Custom textures as P1 with Final Destination custom music, but if I use Link Custom Textures as P1 in any stage, it crash in loading screen. But...if I use CF custom textures as P1 and Link as CPU, it loads perfectly.
I don't know why that only happen if I use Link with custom textures as P1, cuz as CPU it loads.

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK I don't know what happened, but I did the python thing again with a custom Captain Falcon I downloaded, and it loads now! Yay!
Thanks for your help guys.

But somebody can tell me how can I load custom music for DLC stages? for Midgar specially
Have you tried putting the link models in your SaltySD folder ?

And for the Midgar BGM, the real name is "snd_bgm_FF01_FF7_TatakauMonotachi_3DS.nus3bank"

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I already had this issue and i don't know why it happens so i can't help you with that
You know, I think I do know why, I just played an unmodded copy of the game and noticed that the main menu music has some shit going on. I think there is actually 3 songs for the main menu. 1 being the second one that is the melee one, and the other 2 being the first one and it's variation. That must be way it would sometimes not play at all if we replace it, the original menu 1 nus3bank must actually have both songs, and after doing something like a battle, or entering any other mode, it will try to play i don't know, a loop point? from the menu 1 file but since we replaced it, and the one we place most likely doesn't have this, it plays nothing at all. Or maybe is a SaltySD thing, just like with the kirby hats

A person

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was bored and made cloud a real cloud. You know, with a fallspeed of 1, run speed of 3, airspeed of 2.6, and 6 jumps.

I didn't know bair > bair > bair was a true combo

Reactions: Ordim3n

Master-Killua

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Have you tried putting the link models in your SaltySD folder ?

And for the Midgar BGM, the real name is "snd_bgm_FF01_FF7_TatakauMonotachi_3DS.nus3bank"
I tried and still crashing in the loading screen only with Link...weird
So it was with the 3ds lol, Thanks!

Is there a way to use the high poly models instead of the low poly models?
I tried and it crashes.

EDIT: Put all the link files extracted (model, etc) and it loads! But now when I try to load it in Training Mode with any custom textures, it crashes. It is normal?

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, I think I do know why, I just played an unmodded copy of the game and noticed that the main menu music has some shit going on. I think there is actually 3 songs for the main menu. 1 being the second one that is the melee one, and the other 2 being the first one and it's variation. That must be way it would sometimes not play at all if we replace it, the original menu 1 nus3bank must actually have both songs, and after doing something like a battle, or entering any other mode, it will try to play i don't know, a loop point? from the menu 1 file but since we replaced it, and the one we place most likely doesn't have this, it plays nothing at all. Or maybe is a SaltySD thing, just like with the kirby hats
That actually incorrect. What's actually going on is that the game has multiple special starting points for both of the songs for when you return from a battle, the trophy shop, etc. If your song's total sample number is less than the custom starting point the game tries to load, then the music simply doesn't play.
If you use a longer song or edit you current song to be longer, then it seems to fix the issue.

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
That actually incorrect. What's actually going on is that the game has multiple special starting points for both of the songs for when you return from a battle, the trophy shop, etc. If your song's total sample number is less than the custom starting point the game tries to load, then the music simply doesn't play.
If you use a longer song or edit you current song to be longer, then it seems to fix the issue.
That's more or less what I tried to say though.
Although, the second song too? I haven't had any issues with it

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's more or less what I tried to say though.
Although, the second song too? I haven't had any issues with it
I didn't realize that that was what you were trying to say. I hope I didn't come off as offensive.
I just know that the Smash 4 song has 3 different starting points while the Melee one only has 2.

Phanton

GBAtemp's Nui lover
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I didn't realize that that was what you were trying to say. I hope I didn't come off as offensive.
I just know that the Smash 4 song has 3 different starting points while the Melee one only has 2.
That's okay, it's good to know that I wasn't completely off. What song would you recommend to use as menu 1? The 2 I had in mind doesn't seem to be long enough.
How does this look to you @Phanton ? Or would you still like the boxes? i just thought this showed more of the character and has every alt already included
Y-you didn't forget about this right, @Yudowat ?

krz0001

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried editing the textures of the Results Screen, and I did this :
top_0004.png

If you want it, you can download it here : http://modulous.net/mod/278/Project M 3.0 X Super Smash Bros 64 Results Screen

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whenever my smash bros copy goes to initialize itself, there's an sd card error. it doesn't even work through a cartridge

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cache.bin doesn't work for me.
all it does is crash the game as soon as it loads up. I just want the game to be fast and test my mods..
It's never worked for me.
Could someone post their own cache.bin or does it not work like that..

Last edited by Mr.ButtButt,

WulfyWoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was messing around with this and Kirby hats don't show up. All I did was replace the DLC music. Also the Bayonetta ability crashes the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They haslve dedicated on board chips that aren't tweaked like x64/x32 afaik
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    but its a custom os for both of them
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    designed for only specific hardware
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    so you have to learn to emulate that specific hardware which isn't as easy as you'd think
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's a locked down Linux distro basically
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I think the only custom hardware is to do with the SSD and a security chip
    Probably combined in one chip
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They place married security chips onto boards iirc
    Damn Frontier is offering 5Gbps now lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly can't recommend any of the big 3 this years I'd say buy a rog ally z1 if we're being honest
    Honestly after the PS3 and 360 I just went full PC
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Every games basically cross platform they only have about 6 titles making it worth the $600 price tag
    Didn't see much need for a console, all the advantages have kind of disappeared
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    the ps3 used to support installing linux because the cpu was so powerful
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Then the games are $70 and they want to reboot and refresh the same game every year
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The ps3 was always Linux they just found a way to make it open source
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I'm avoiding buying from the big 3 at all atm
    At one point PC game pads where poorly supported, loading a game had setup, it was complicated. Now it's almost as easy as a console.
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    nintendo needs to up their game soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah even bt support for Xbox one controllers are just as easy as pairing
    +1
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    considering the steamdeck can emulate the switch (yikes) theres almost 0 reason to buy the switch apart from playing online and using cartridges
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Xinput and 360 dongles were a driver nightmare
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember having to manually put in drivers and what not
    Yeah the 360 dongles sucked
    But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But the new Xbox pads? PIr it up and if a game supports it it just works