ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol No, I just realized that I had deleted them awhile ago while moving over some files. They're long gone now.

Thanks guys!

Also, remember when I said that the game seemed to be loading the character models from both it's main model and hitbox model? I believe that "edge.mbn" is the hitbox model. I think that's why when I tried loading Mega Man Volnutt's model along with Mega Man's hitbox model, the game freaked out, because the hitbox model didnt match up with the regular model.

If this IS the case, then it'll be harder to use Chrom / Mega Man Volnutt / whoever else without being able to import custom models into the game, because most of them dont have an edge.mbn.

I just double checked and Chrom DOES have an edge.mbn, most likely used in Robin's final smash. That being the case it should be somewhat easier to use Chrom as opposed to other characters
yea sadly not the case
still crashes

Pr0gram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly edge was for metal or something for brawl
but who knows for ssb4
and I am making css stuff for chrom right now
I was thinking that it could be the dark outline that fighters have to make them more visible. I could be 110% wrong though!

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a website where people are uploading their textures, or is GBATemp basically the only place that's doing this.

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Does anyone know how to change the CSS layout? I was pointed to param/ui/ui_character.bin and param/eshop/dlc_param_c.bin but i dont know how to open and edit the .bin files.

Pr0gram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to change the CSS layout? I was pointed to param/ui/ui_character.bin and param/eshop/dlc_param_c.bin but i dont know how to open and edit the .bin files.
I'm pretty sure you'd have to use a hex editor. I sadly won't be much help, as I'm not good at anything code related.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, remember when I said that the game seemed to be loading the character models from both it's main model and hitbox model? I believe that "edge.mbn" is the hitbox model. I think that's why when I tried loading Mega Man Volnutt's model along with Mega Man's hitbox model, the game freaked out, because the hitbox model didnt match up with the regular model.

If this IS the case, then it'll be harder to use Chrom / Mega Man Volnutt / whoever else without being able to import custom models into the game, because most of them dont have an edge.mbn.

I just double checked and Chrom DOES have an edge.mbn, most likely used in Robin's final smash. That being the case it should be somewhat easier to use Chrom as opposed to other characters
Hitbox model?
Smash doesn't use hitbox models, nor do any games that I know of. Smash uses collision spheres attached to different bones to define a character's hurtbox and the data for those are most likely stored inside that character's moveset file.

Tex_McBladeSword

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hitbox model?
Smash doesn't use hitbox models, nor do any games that I know of. Smash uses collision spheres attached to different bones to define a character's hurtbox and the data for those are most likely stored inside that character's moveset file.

That's wht I thought, but whenever Ive tried loading a non-player model by using a similar character's resource files, it always shows both characters' models overlapping eachother. It may not be a hitbox model, but there is some sort of secondary model outside of the normal.mbn/bch files

Wolfy

Person That Never Was
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to fix this problem so far?

Error
==========================================================================
Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
at System.Linq.Enumerable.Last[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
at DTLS.Program.Unpack_default(String resourceStr)
at DTLS.Program.Main(String[] args)

Edit: Fixed...

Last edited by Wolfy,

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Does anyone knows why SaltySD doesn't load the assit trophy voices? I have undub the Lyn assist trophy and she still talks in english

WarioTails358

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
characters and (possibly assist trophies?) have two voice files one when you listen to voices in the sound menu which is in the se folder, and in game which is vc folder.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
@ShadowLuigi~NG~ Sorry if I'm annoying you or anything. Not my intention at all.

59b7b9901fadd2fcda44b1d04bbd1ab9.png

Followed those instructions exactly. (Even made a new .idsp from a renamed .wav which had all spaces removed) I still get this error.

Blazingflare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is someone making Ken over ryu? Even a recolor is fine.
I'll give it a shot. I'll make a version with and without yellow hair.

Any progress on importing custom models for fighters or is that just a fantasy dream?
It will happen in the future when someone makes an encoder. I don't expect the model import scene to really boom on the 3DS version since every character needs essentially at least 4 models made for them. A high poly model, a low poly model, and outline models for the high and low poly models.
The Wii U version will probably see a lot of model imports when the time comes since polygon count is basically a non-issue there and only one model has to be made.

Last edited by Blazingflare,

Mr.ButtButt

The Cancer Of Gbatemp <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It will happen in the future when someone makes an encoder. I don't expect the model import scene to really boom on the 3DS version since every character needs essentially at least 4 models made for them. A high poly model, a low poly model, and outline models for the high and low poly models.
The Wii U version will probably see a lot of model imports when the time comes since polygon count is basically a non-issue there and only one model has to be made.
Thanks for the reply :)

daniel26150

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
characters and (possibly assist trophies?) have two voice files one when you listen to voices in the sound menu which is in the se folder, and in game which is vc folder.
The assist trophies are in se folder, and in the vc folder only the characters voices but saltySD doesn't load the assist trophies voices

CorBond57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Couldn't you just reuse the low/high poly model but slightly enlarged for the outlines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong