ROM Hack [Smash 3DS] Complete ROM Hacking guide (Textures, music, SFX/voice clips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to read .xtal files

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I didn't found a way to read it but i opened it in HxD
0DtH7rp.png

I think that they use a wireless HDD and i think that the codename for sm4sh is CrossCtrNintendo

These are all of the xtal files in smash, from the names, i believe that they are some kind of programs
cM0wFUw.png

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. I've run into an error w/ Kirby.

I wanted to see if editing his Copy Ability hats with different folders corresponding to other alt costumes would load it. For example, I'd load a texture edit of Palutena's cap with c05 rather than the usual c00. Well, this sadly didn't work and caused Kirby to, for some odd reason, have no hat whatsoever. I decided to add in c00 to ensure this was a problem with the c05 edit, but it still didn't load the hat. Then, I went to another character who has absolutely no changes, and... it still didn't load the hat? After that, I decided to try Bayonetta's hat and the entire console restarted, lol.

EDIT: Oh, the crashing isn't exclusive to Bayonetta. Any ability that changes Kirby's model (Donkey Kong, Wii Fit Trainer, Falco, etc.) crashes the game. Interesting (not really cri pls fix).

Last edited by Reserved,

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking through the animations with Ohana Rebirth, I found a weird animation for Yoshi called SpecialSStickCapture, complete with SpecialSStickAttackCapture and SpecialSStickJumpCapture. Does anyone know what causes these animations to play?

Reserved

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The name sounds like the Special Flag, but there's "Attack" in one of them, which wouldn't make sense in this context.

Mattshark

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The name sounds like the Special Flag, but there's "Attack" in one of them, which wouldn't make sense in this context.
Wait... SStickCapture...
S for side, so it might be a side special...
Stick Capture...
...Maybe getting pinned Corrin's Side B?

Ordim3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Huh. I've run into an error w/ Kirby.

I wanted to see if editing his Copy Ability hats with different folders corresponding to other alt costumes would load it. For example, I'd load a texture edit of Palutena's cap with c05 rather than the usual c00. Well, this sadly didn't work and caused Kirby to, for some odd reason, have no hat whatsoever. I decided to add in c00 to ensure this was a problem with the c05 edit, but it still didn't load the hat. Then, I went to another character who has absolutely no changes, and... it still didn't load the hat? After that, I decided to try Bayonetta's hat and the entire console restarted, lol.

EDIT: Oh, the crashing isn't exclusive to Bayonetta. Any ability that changes Kirby's model (Donkey Kong, Wii Fit Trainer, Falco, etc.) crashes the game. Interesting (not really cri pls fix).
If you go on SaltySD git, you can see that it's an issue

Has anyone done a OCD CSS that works?
what does OCD means

Reactions: Reserved

Yudowat

That one guy that shows up occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

Red9419

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone know how to convert a wav or mp3 and injecting it into a .nus3bank? I can extract the .nus3bank but can seem to find any methods to inject them

Yumeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I literally just started modyfing files a few hours ago for songs and whatnow, but how does the textures resolutions work? Ohana3DS is kind of confusing with all the errors so I don't know how to check/edit the textures' resolutions at all.

Monkeyp7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how to add more textures to a .bch file i can replace the amount thats their but i cant add anymore
(im trying to make wolf and i got to were the game doesn't crash, it just freezes and i think its bc of the texture)
RhqaxBM.png

Last edited by Monkeyp7,

kangaroogreen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone know how to add more textures to a .bch file i can replace the amount thats their but i cant add anymore
(im trying to make wolf and i got to were the game doesn't crash, it just freezes and i think its bc of the texture)

I don't remember there being a wolf model in the game, is that an imported model? How did you get it to display properly in Ohana3DS?

Reactions: Caseyfam

shahanshah

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I skimmed through the OP, but will this work for local multiplayer? I'm assuming online doesn't work

Yumeno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I skimmed through the OP, but will this work for local multiplayer? I'm assuming online doesn't work

Online does work if you do the cache command, I tried with friends (not local) and it works no problem, haven't tried For Glory though.

PokemonCrazy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know how to convert a wav or mp3 and injecting it into a .nus3bank? I can extract the .nus3bank but can seem to find any methods to inject them
You can convert your mp3/wav to BRSTM, upload it to BrawlCustomMusic, and download the nus3bank since they have templates for most stages. If your stage isn't on their list as of yet, you can follow this simple guide I wrote a bit ago. It works great for me, I've had Fly Me to the Moon on Umbra Clock Tower since I wrote that guide and I haven't had a single problem with it.

Monkeyp7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't remember there being a wolf model in the game, is that an imported model? How did you get it to display properly in Ohana3DS?

I went to http://www.models-resource.com/wii/SuperSmashBrosBrawl/ i downloaded wolfs model, then i scaled it down using blender, then i used Ohana3ds rebirth to turn it into a .mbn file

-edit- Well anyways do u know how to add textures to a .bch file?

Last edited by Monkeyp7,
Reactions: Caseyfam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: im playing fortnite rn and just got rsn over by a car