ROM Hack Small issue with Endless frontier Exceed translation patch

PhilippeAlaurent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
As the topic description says, and which is somewhat my only reason so far for making an account here, I have a small issue with Mugen No Frontier Exceed.

I have applied Noitora's patch (I'm not asking for him to continue or for anyone else to do it, although it would be appreciated ^.^), beaten the game and enjoyed it quite a lot. But in my second playthrough, I cannot seem to be able to scroll down in the settings past what is called "Change battle BGM" (it only makes you hear the songs, the battle music actually isn't set to it) which according to a certain youtube "how-to" video with the untranslated japanese version, is where you are supposed to go to set the battle music (as I've understood it, you should be able to scroll down to the part where "normal" is written beneath the "change battle BGM" option and set the battle music there or even make it random).

I am willing to take it up upon myself to get the tools required to hack my version and even show it to others if someone has the time to tell me what to do.

Thanks for your time! :D

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
this could be as simple as a control code missing or a pointer incorrectly entered... or just a missing text (which can happen). this is all assuming it is a text based error and not a graphical one.

You are determined to do this yourself?

Okay get a hex editor that can also view the entire rom - search through it. You are going to need to find the text in the graphic so search for "Change battle" in hex mode. You may need to convert change battle to full width and search for it. I would recomend crystaltile2. First find the right codepage to view the text then search.

if it is graphic that needs to be searched for...then use crystaltile2's tile view and the file system viewer (or just scroll though) and slowly go through the rom. You may need to look up some more info on nds hacking. (there is a wiki in top of the nds- rom hacking and translations forum)

It may be easier to ask Noitara.

PhilippeAlaurent

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Ok, small update. I can't find Crystale Tile2 without registering on 4share or somesuch. I sent a message to Noitora but no answer so far. I did look through the rom using Tinke 0.8.2 and found out that in the msg.bin the line for changing the battle music is not there, but the tooltips are here.

If possible, I'd like someone to guide me, as I've tried to "add" a line that corrected the problem (think it was "BGM music playback" that I've add before the change battle BGM) but even after trying to use the rom, the image would crash. I'm obviously inexperienced and would appreciate some aid. ^.^;

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up