SM64 and R4i

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by A7mag3ddon, May 3, 2010.

May 3, 2010

SM64 and R4i by A7mag3ddon at 3:54 PM (957 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. A7mag3ddon
    OP

A7mag3ddon Newbie

Can anyone give me a clue as to why SM64 freezes every time i get the very first star from the Bomb guy on the first level.

The R4i i think is original and is the newer one that comes in the red box. not the black and green. The memory card is 2gb so not particularly massive. I have tried the Euro version and the Trashman version.

Games plays ok on the SuperCard i have.

2. overlord00

Member overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Australia
    let me just jest, is it because you have an R4?

3. A7mag3ddon
    OP

A7mag3ddon Newbie

Im not sure if it is because it is an R4i. This would be why i am asking in a Nintendo related forum.

Thank you for your very useful post though.

4. exangel

Member exangel executioner angel

United States
    All R4i's are clones. What is the URL on your R4i or its box?

5. A7mag3ddon
    OP

A7mag3ddon Newbie

Its www.R4i-SDHC.com

But i think the problem may be with the OS on the card, i have just tried the game on my supercard DSone which is now running EOS and it crashes as well!! i have previously played this game and got 119 stars so it *did* work ok.

I am now downgrading the OS on the supercard back to the old one and trying the game again, if that works i will then downgrade the R4i OS to an older one and try that !!

6. A7mag3ddon
    OP

A7mag3ddon Newbie

Well this is not logical in any way!! i have downgraded my OS on super-card back to OS 3.0 Sp8 and the game still crashes. yet when i played it 6 years ago it played fine.

I am at a loss now to figure this out :-(

7. exangel

United States
  8. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    There were a couple of bad dumps, one of them had the problem where it would lock up after getting the first star. Try grabbing a different version.

9. A7mag3ddon
    OP

A7mag3ddon Newbie

I am going to try that now, but the trashman version i originally played to 119 stars. the same game has never been off the card and now it doesnt work!??

10. TrolleyDave

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    If it's the same version that was always working and has never left the card then it could be that there's corruption on the MicroSD card.

11. exangel

United States
    If the rom isn't the problem you should definitely try using the official SD formatter especially if you have never formatted it with Panasonic or official SD formatter.

Posts merged

there's that too. >.>

12. A7mag3ddon
    OP

A7mag3ddon Newbie

I allready thought it was that so i did 2 things, one was delete my working 119 stars saved game and start from fresh... didnt work.. took off the games that do work, formatted the card, copied the game from the original zip file stored on my hard drive and created a new saved game.. also didnt work.

i have now tried super_mario_64_ds_v1.1_(u)(trashman) as well along with super_mario_64_ds_(u)(trashman)

Both versions crash on first star... very frustrating cos the kids wanna play it from the begining.

Last resort to download a fresh new copy just in case both my versions have got corrupt in their zip files.. very very unlikely of course !

13. A7mag3ddon
    OP

A7mag3ddon Newbie

Well i now have a working version of the game, there was a proper released by WetNWild and that works!!

Still does not explain how i managed to play the game to 119 stars using trashmans version.

Would like to understand why so if any veteran gamers on the forum have any thoughts id like to know them :-D

14. exangel

United States
    Glad you got it working [​IMG]