Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Flash-able Skyfire browser is now available on the App Store, a day ahead of the anticipated release, for the introductory price of $2.99. Get it while it’s hot! (And cheap.)
QUOTE said:
Skyfire is the ONLY WAY to enjoy millions of FLASH VIDEOS from the web on your iPhone or iPod Touch. Browse your favorite web sites and unlock the content that matters to you: funny clips, sports and news updates, the video link your friend sent you. Plus share easily with your network via Facebook and Twitter, and enjoy one click access to your Facebook Wall while you browse..

Source

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My ipod is only a 2G so i dont think it will have the right ARM processor
frown.gif

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
BortzANATOR said:
My ipod is only a 2G so i dont think it will have the right ARM processor
frown.gif
It works for me and I have 2G.

Oops didn't see you posting that.
Its cool! ill check it out!

...how fast is to compared to safari? i have Opera Mini and its at least twice as fast.

WHAT
When search the store for "Skyfire web browser" nothing comes up!
"No Matches"
frown.gif
((((((

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its actually horrible I just tried it out. Its slower then Safari for browsing. Its rotation is also not stable. The web browser barely has any settings. Now lets talk about the Flash support. In all the video flash websites I tried out only 1 worked perfectly. The app doesn't recognize megavideo at all, GBAtemp videos actually work on it but it lags every 3 seconds and it takes another 15 seconds for it to work again after it stops in 3 seconds. It works for YouTube but is pointless since we have an official app for YouTube. You can't skip to a part in the video with it. Also takes a long time for videos to load.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why anyone would actually want to waste their battery life watching video on a tiny screen is beyond me.

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
the skyfire beta is kinda hard to get used to, but u can just use it as a regular browser and it will tell u if there are videos on the page it can play... I have been using it for about a month on Android 1.6 and I really like it it is a bit buggy tho

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no success on IGN. its just so slow.
And haha Sold out LOL thats not even possible with software.
Regardless my guess is it got pulled for performance issues

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
OP
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess for now the best option still for watching Flash is iMobileCinema. I don't know how Frash performs but that is only for iPhone 3GS/iPod Touch 3G and higher. CloudBrowse was good before for Flash videos but then the guy dropped its video frame rate down to 15/fps for free users...

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
It's slow on my iPhone also but runs nice on my iPad too bad it looks like shit at 2x and using it at 1x is out.

Should have bought an Android device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night