Sky3DS to use Cubic ninja for gateway exploit?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by AdowTatep, Apr 21, 2015.

1. AdowTatep
    OP

AdowTatep GBAtemp Regular

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    Hi guys, i have a Japanese New 3DS LL that i bought when lots of people did aswell, and i don't want to sell it.

I have gateway and my Japanese new 3ds is on 9.1 firmware, so i can use gateway. But i need a japanese cubic ninja, but it's too much expensive to me, and i'll need to pay import taxes. Can i use sky 3ds with a japanese rom of cubic ninja to trigger the gateway exploit? because sky3ds it's more worth than buy a jp cubic ninja :(

2. 4ur0r

4ur0r GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2015
    Italy
    Yes, you can.

AdowTatep likes this.
  3. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    thanks! i stopped following everything from the scene when i saw that i'd need other game to do it, so i got lost.

4. Beware

Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 5, 2007
    United States
    I do this with my EUR N3DS all the time.

AdowTatep likes this.
  5. Kuifa

Kuifa Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2015
    But isn't Sky3DS more expensive than a Cubic Ninja?

6. AdowTatep
    OP

Oct 20, 2013
    Brazil
    Deep in some cavern
    Yea, but i i can buy a sky for R$ 349,95 and receive it in one, one week and a half. The cubic ninja is $72.20 at amazon, R$219+60% of the total price for import taxes+it'll take more than a month to come.

7. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    It's 6,350 Yen on Amazon Japan which is around £35.54, however to ship out of Japan would likely cost a lot (if Amazon even will, the US Amazon will not ship a lot of stuff outside the US for example), then you would get import tax and if your in the UK probably a handling fee by Royal Mail too.

It's probably easier and cheaper to use a rom with Sky3DS unless you can get a good deal on the JPN Cubic Ninja somewhere.

8. joex11

joex11 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 2, 2013
    Brazil
    aliexpress has them for 60$~ or so. around R$200, but it will surely be much slower