Hacking Sky3ds+ system update

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm trying to play the american version of fire emblem fates conquest and birthright on my sky 3ds but It tells me I have to update my system to play them.

If there a way around this? does sky 3ds+ support the latest firmware?

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I'm trying to play the american version of fire emblem fates conquest and birthright on my sky 3ds but It tells me I have to update my system to play them.

If there a way around this? does sky 3ds+ support the latest firmware?
sky3ds+ supports FW 10.5

HariGp

Trophies
XP
Country
India
It it common to just update? I like to keep my firmware as low as possible in case something happens.
It isn't. But if you're on FW <= 10.3, then you can just downgrade and install CFW :) If you're going to stick to your sky3ds+, then it will work for FW 10.5

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sky3DS doesn't provide any sort of bypassing or spoofing, so if you have zero interest in CFW then you'll probably need to update to play it. You could try using something like HANS to bypass the update prompt if you have homebrew installed, I suppose, but I wouldn't get your hopes up (not sure if people with Sky3DS have tried it or not, so I'll let them chime in). If you're on 10.3 or below, you might want to instead consider downgrading to 9.2 and getting CFW, so you can still have the latest games & firmware via emuNAND with no worries about losing homebrew or anything. Your Sky3DS would be less important at that point, but you could still keep it as an easy tool for homebrew entry or if you absolutely must have .3ds versions of your games.

nero99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It it common to just update? I like to keep my firmware as low as possible in case something happens.
Unless your firmware is 9.3-10.3, you're better off updating. 9.3-10.3 allows downgrading to 9.0-9.2 with a special version of sysupdater homebrew.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It isn't. But if you're on FW <= 10.3, then you can just downgrade and install CFW :) If you're going to stick to your sky3ds+, then it will work for FW 10.5
Damn. You beat me to it by a few seconds.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm on 9.8 25 U. is it alot of work to all the custom firmware stuff? is there any risk?

There's always a risk when downgrading, since the system isn't designed to do it. At the worst you could end up with a bricked console. At best you'll end up on 9.2 with no issues. But some people will end up on a frankenfirmware (meaning that the console will contain bits of 9.2, and others of 9.9 or whatever firmware you were on), needing to be fixed before continuing onward to "true" 9.2. The downgrade isn't 100% stable, so it's sort of luck of the draw in terms of ending up on 9.2 safely. If you do end up on frankenfirmware you can almost always fix it, though.

Ygolonac

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I decided just to update. Thanks guys, I was just curious as I saw a "template file" for the games and wasn't sure if that was supposed to make it wok on low firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah been there had that no fun