Hacking Sky3ds Skyarmyknife template Question.

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I just want to make sure I've done everything correct.

I have my own Private header( Unique ID) that I ripped from my Kid icarus rom which i never play so i figured id use this card as my online play.

I used gatewayrompatcher to get the header info.

I want to inject this header into MK7 for online play.

so I went and took my MK7 rom and ran it through SKYARMYKNIFE.

now this is where i got confused and want to make sure i get it right.

1.) I loaded the recent sky3ds template file and then my MK7 rom.
2.) I then entered my unique ID from my ( KID ICARUS GAME)
3.) I then used the provided img of the template breakdown to input the info for the MK7 under the eeprom ID settings. ( manufacturer,size, byte#4 which i chose zerofill cause it reads 00 in the template?)
4.) I then began filling out the Cart ID settings. ( manufacturer again,cart size,card type)
5.) I then copy and pasted the unknown id from the sky3ds template and generated my own template.

My questions are around steps 3 and 4... was I supposed to just read the sky3ds template and simply enter the info for MK7 into SKYARMYKNIFE eeprom settings and CART ID like I did . Or was I supposed to put my KID ICARUS INFO there?

im pretty sure all i need from kid icarus is the unique ID/HEADER info all other stuff is usless unless i was wanting to mod kid icarus for online play correct?

***ALSO I noticed that mario kart 7 (AMKE) has 2 entries in the sky3ds template but only one file is used as the base template it looks like the one with the SHA1: BE7D2B5D9CDCetc....is being used and the other one SHA1: 27003ADC58B9... isnt being edited.*** what does this mean i know i saw someone else mention that games have multiple entries in the sky3ds template but what for??? does anyone know.***

ANOTHER SIDE NOTE: MY CRC16#3 came out different value than those from the 2 files in the old template. was it supposed to recalculate a new #

HEX editing is new to me.

THANKS FOR THE HELP :)

[^Blark^]

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im just going to ADD that I just transferred my rom with my new template file created with skyarmyknife and my 3ds didnt recognize my card at first could just be sky3ds as ive had this happen before anyways the rom boots up and i didnt recieve any save data corrupt but this could be because i didnt have any nor did i back it up. so far the rom still works just havent tried onine yet as i want to make sure i did things right if I dont get any post soon confirming ill just go ahead and try online features.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The instructions are super-clear - you input the info from the Base Template (the one in the top window) except for the Unique ID which you extract using the Infos Extractor. You don't need to use Gateway's ROM Patcher at any point of the process. I'd be grateful if you posted any further inquiries about SAK in the SAK thread, you have better chances for getting support there. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.