Sky3DS saving issue

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Jarrad, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Jarrad
    OP

Jarrad GBAtemp Fan

Mar 26, 2015
    When I bought this flashcard I was under the impression that it automatically applies any saves you make in game to the SD card

I've just played through about 40 minutes of FE only to find out that my save file has miraculously become corrupt :x

I'm pretty new to 3DS flashcards, so can anybody enlighten me on how to properly save my game, as clearly saving in-game doesn't work.

How do you create save files?

2. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    You need to quit the game and press the button again when your done. Someone can correct me if i'm wrong.

3. mrolive

mrolive GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 14, 2014
    Canada
    Sky3DS owner here. This is the case. After quitting a game, you need to push the button on the Sky3DS in order for the save data to be transferred from the EEPROM to the Micro SD

Adeka likes this.
  4. Jarrad
    OP

Jarrad GBAtemp Fan

Mar 26, 2015
    Do I need to wait for the light to blink or should I literally just click it, wait for the light to come on and then that's it?

also, when I reboot my DS will it automatically apply the save

5. foolalay

foolalay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2015
    United States
    Let the game switch. You can back up your saves with the diskwriter tool, just in case that happens again.

What sd card are you using?

6. Jarrad
    OP

Jarrad GBAtemp Fan

Mar 26, 2015
    Sandisk

and I have a PNY card that doesnt let me switch games, so how would I save on it?

7. foolalay

foolalay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2015
    United States
    Oh, well just wait for the light to finish blinking. If it doesn't let you switch games, maybe it's not very compatible with the Sky3ds and puts you at a higher risk for save corruption :0

Jarrad likes this.
  8. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    I just got a Sky3ds myself and have been having a few issues with saves not getting backed up. Eeprom supported games back up fine in diskwriter, using the right-click game title "backup save" option, which lets me save the .sav files to my pc (restoring them back works fine too)... but, the non-eeprom titles I've tried so far don't seem to work the same way; whenever I back those up to the pc the .sav file is only 1kb, and unsurprisingly shows as corrupted data when restored back to the game.
    Short of converting the rom from eeprom "no" to "yes" (or possibly swapping card1/2 type), is there a simple way of backing up non-eeprom save files?
    I've also tried the "backup save data" option from the file menu that generates a .bks file - this too doesn't seem to be keeping the save data from non-eeprom saves.
    The in-game saves work fine on these non-eeproms - and I can switch between games on the sd and the saves are still useable... there just doesn't seem to be a simple way to back them up. :(