MeechyBro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a SKY3DS and I'm currently living in Canada. Since this isn't exactly a safe "scam-free" thing to buy; I'm trying to find an unbiased review or recommendations of places or sites to buy, as I'm not looking for my money to not translate into anything. Alot of the sites recommended on the SKY3DS site have HORRIBLE reviews and I'm looking to base my buyings off of your experiences. (For the record: I was looking at MODCHIPCENTRAL and saw they had horrrrrible reviews and was wary, so I'm comingto you guys for reassurance!)
Thanks a ton,
Meechy.

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought my Gateway from realhotstuff.com (they also sell Sky3DS) and got it a few days latter just paying normal shipping. They are based in the US and aside from old/cheap banners there checkout process is not as shady as a lot of other sites.
(Just my 2 cents)

johnbus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModChipsDirect is a reliable source.

They ship out of the US, though. I'm unfamiliar with US to Canada customs, and I'm not sure if that's better or worse than shipping from China, which most do.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want to do business with these theives make sure you read their return policy. Once they charge your credit card they can keep your money indefintely and not ship you a product. If you want to cancel they will charge a 25% restocking fee for a product they do not have in stock.

Reactions: Thomas12345

MeechyBro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you want to do business with these theives make sure you read their return policy. Once they charge your credit card they can keep your money indefintely and not ship you a product. If you want to cancel they will charge a 25% restocking fee for a product they do not have in stock.

Right, you calling them thieves is not helping me whatsoever, I wanted an unbiased opinion.
Please refrain from throwing random accusations because you just didn't get your thing in time.

Bought my Gateway from realhotstuff.com (they also sell Sky3DS) and got it a few days latter just paying normal shipping. They are based in the US and aside from old/cheap banners there checkout process is not as shady as a lot of other sites.
(Just my 2 cents)

Yeah, was looking at them, but thought it was the same as the .hk domain and assumed that they ship out of Hong Kong. Will look into it. The only thing is that duties from USA to CAN are brutal. it's like 15%.

ModChipsDirect is a reliable source.

They ship out of the US, though. I'm unfamiliar with US to Canada customs, and I'm not sure if that's better or worse than shipping from China, which most do.

Yeah, that the thing, I was looking for a seller a bit more local, but will keep that in mind, thank you.
The big thing here is that the duties from USA to CAN are brutal.

Reactions: Maximilious

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, was looking at them, but thought it was the same as the .hk domain and assumed that they ship out of Hong Kong. Will look into it. The only thing is that duties from USA to CAN are brutal. it's like 15%.

Yeah sorry I know very little of the vendors in CAN and how the fees are. Although yeahI can confirm the realhotstuff.com ships out of New Jersey in the US
New%20Jersey.gif

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, you calling them thieves is not helping me whatsoever, I wanted an unbiased opinion.
Please refrain from throwing random accusations because you just didn't get your thing in time.
I have never done business with this site. This is not a random accusation. Do your research and purchase from them if you like.

If you want an "unbiased" opinion you will have to ask someone who is not a customer of theirs. :)

I have purchased from realhotstuff and modchipdirect with no issues. That is a biased recommendation.

MeechyBro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have never done business with this site. This is not a random accusation. Do your research and purchase from them if you like.

If you want an "unbiased" opinion you will have to ask someone who is not a customer of theirs. :)

I have purchased from realhotstuff and modchipdirect with no issues. That is a biased recommendation.

Ok cool, will look into that. Thanks for your input.

Yeah sorry I know very little of the vendors in CAN and how the fees are. Although yeahI can confirm the realhotstuff.com ships out of New Jersey in the US
New%20Jersey.gif

Oh! No problem at all. I'll probably end up buying from the US. Was just a bit concerned about the shipping time. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live in the US?

masksacrafice

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my Gateway from realhotstuff.com with no problems and ordered a blue button sky3ds from modchipsdirect(Ships from NY) a few days ago, so I will have to see how that goes, but they seem legit enough.

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool, will look into that. Thanks for your input.

Oh! No problem at all. I'll probably end up buying from the US. Was just a bit concerned about the shipping time. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live in the US?

Ohio (two states to the left), but I also got my GW 2 days after the night I ordered. But even so I got the tracking number the next morning.

Also I assume you have already checked here, but have you looked in the CAN section of shoptemp
http://shoptemp.net/country/Canada/?sort=rating

MeechyBro

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ohio (two states to the left), but I also got my GW 2 days after the night I ordered. But even so I got the tracking number the next morning.

Also I assume you have already checked here, but have you looked in the CAN section of shoptemp
http://shoptemp.net/country/Canada/?sort=rating

Yeah I have, unfortunately most of the sites have expired domains and are no longer functional :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4