SKY3DS Purchasing Question.

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MeechyBro, Dec 19, 2014.

1. MeechyBro
    OP

MeechyBro Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2014
    Canada
    Hi all,
    I'm looking to buy a SKY3DS and I'm currently living in Canada. Since this isn't exactly a safe "scam-free" thing to buy; I'm trying to find an unbiased review or recommendations of places or sites to buy, as I'm not looking for my money to not translate into anything. Alot of the sites recommended on the SKY3DS site have HORRIBLE reviews and I'm looking to base my buyings off of your experiences. (For the record: I was looking at MODCHIPCENTRAL and saw they had horrrrrible reviews and was wary, so I'm comingto you guys for reassurance!)
    Thanks a ton,
    Meechy.

2. Melon__Bread

Melon__Bread ~It's A Magik~

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Bought my Gateway from realhotstuff.com (they also sell Sky3DS) and got it a few days latter just paying normal shipping. They are based in the US and aside from old/cheap banners there checkout process is not as shady as a lot of other sites.
    (Just my 2 cents)

3. johnbus

johnbus GBAtemp Regular

Dec 10, 2014
    United States
    ModChipsDirect is a reliable source.

They ship out of the US, though. I'm unfamiliar with US to Canada customs, and I'm not sure if that's better or worse than shipping from China, which most do.

4. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    If you want to do business with these theives make sure you read their return policy. Once they charge your credit card they can keep your money indefintely and not ship you a product. If you want to cancel they will charge a 25% restocking fee for a product they do not have in stock.

Thomas12345 likes this.
  5. MeechyBro
    OP

MeechyBro Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2014
    Canada
    Right, you calling them thieves is not helping me whatsoever, I wanted an unbiased opinion.
    Please refrain from throwing random accusations because you just didn't get your thing in time.

Yeah, was looking at them, but thought it was the same as the .hk domain and assumed that they ship out of Hong Kong. Will look into it. The only thing is that duties from USA to CAN are brutal. it's like 15%.

Yeah, that the thing, I was looking for a seller a bit more local, but will keep that in mind, thank you.
    The big thing here is that the duties from USA to CAN are brutal.

Maximilious likes this.
  6. Melon__Bread

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Yeah sorry I know very little of the vendors in CAN and how the fees are. Although yeahI can confirm the realhotstuff.com ships out of New Jersey in the US
    [​IMG]

7. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    I have never done business with this site. This is not a random accusation. Do your research and purchase from them if you like.

If you want an "unbiased" opinion you will have to ask someone who is not a customer of theirs. :)

I have purchased from realhotstuff and modchipdirect with no issues. That is a biased recommendation.

8. MeechyBro
    OP

MeechyBro Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2014
    Canada
    Ok cool, will look into that. Thanks for your input.

Oh! No problem at all. I'll probably end up buying from the US. Was just a bit concerned about the shipping time. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live in the US?

9. masksacrafice

masksacrafice Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2013
    United States
    Place of Birth
    Got my Gateway from realhotstuff.com with no problems and ordered a blue button sky3ds from modchipsdirect(Ships from NY) a few days ago, so I will have to see how that goes, but they seem legit enough.

10. MeechyBro
    OP

MeechyBro Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2014
    Canada
    How long did realhotstuff take to ship to you?

11. Melon__Bread

Dec 9, 2013
    United States
    Ohio (two states to the left), but I also got my GW 2 days after the night I ordered. But even so I got the tracking number the next morning.

Also I assume you have already checked here, but have you looked in the CAN section of shoptemp
    http://shoptemp.net/country/Canada/?sort=rating

12. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States
    I've used realhotstuff. It's not the best prices but has been reliable.

13. MeechyBro
    OP

MeechyBro Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2014
    Canada
    Yeah I have, unfortunately most of the sites have expired domains and are no longer functional :(

14. masksacrafice

masksacrafice Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2013
    United States
    Place of Birth
    Can't quite remember exact times, but it was relatively fast. I didn't have any complaints, if that means anything.

15. MeechyBro
    OP

MeechyBro Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2014
    Canada
    Right, cool. Thanks a ton.

16. telon22

telon22 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2014
    India
  17. MeechyBro
    OP

MeechyBro Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2014
    Canada
  18. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    realhotstuff purchases should take about 2 weeks to arrive from US to Canada

Melon__Bread likes this.
  19. telon22

telon22 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 28, 2014
    India
    That depends really.Usually the time shown is in max. But you can contact seller about average estimate time.

20. thiviscar

thiviscar Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 20, 2014
    Brazil